• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has the best 3rd party firmware now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

dd-wrt or tomato or .....?

I have 3 routers,
a TP-Link wr1042nd v1
a Netgear WNDR3800
a Netgear WNDR4500

I've got problems on all 3, ironically the cheapy tplink is giving me the least amount of problems.

wndr3800 will random drop all over the place, I cant make it through a 30 minute episode on Netflix, the WNDR4500 will say i'm connected but doesent let me log into it to change any settings and both netgear routers take FOREVER to do any thing.

the tp-link requires 1 reset a day, usually when I get home from work, but its just started since my inlaws got here and shes been trying to use her ipad for work which has some beefy security tunneling that I think its messing things up. it might just be the fact that its an apple product to begin with.

either way I feel that if I could change some settings in the routers I have that it doesent normally let me change I can fix it but I am tired of ****ing with this **** all god damn day on my day off.

I just want to watch something on TV and since the translators are down from the heat for OTA Netflix is the last option. MY ISP has no outages either by the way, double checked that

I am useless as far as the firmware but I had a problem logging into my router for the longest time. For me it turned out that IE11 was not supported and it took me days to find a solution. In IE11 I had to press F12 for emulation mode and chose 10 on the document mode, then I could actually load the settings pages.

Back