• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But the MX100 is supposed to be the replacement for the M550 series. Although abit slower on the write, it's essential the same drive with newer tech. :-/

MX100 and M550 were released together-ish (for a definition of together meaning within two months :)). Pretty sure MX100 replaces M500, where M550 is the new high end, like OCZ had Agility and Vertex. Or M550 replaces M500, and MX100 is just a new "low"-end drive.

Last edited:
7/14/14

Small, but not too bad. The Optiplex 755 makes a fairly decent workstation. I've been supporting them at work for about 5-6 years now.

7/14/14

Small, but not too bad. The Optiplex 755 makes a fairly decent workstation. I've been supporting them at work for about 5-6 years now.

I'm actually surprised about that 840. The $140 price tag is BEFORE the $20 code, so it's actually $120 for the 250GB version of what appears to be one of the better SSDs on the market.

I'm actually surprised about that 840. The $140 price tag is BEFORE the $20 code, so it's actually $120 for the 250GB version of what appears to be one of the better SSDs on the market.

That's the cheapest I can recall seeing a 840EVO 250.

I'm waiting to see what Samsung delivers in their non-pro 850 drive with 3d nand, though.

After you go IPS, you can't go back lol.

I've gone back to TN for the 120Hz+ Lightboost screen. I just can't game on my IPS screen anymore after having gamed on the 120Hz screen. Sure, I still watch videos and everything else on the IPS, but no way I'm going back to IPS for gaming, not until they finally have 120Hz+ Lightboost IPS screens. :p

Back