• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ = Fire hazard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a defective OCZ520adj after only using it for 4-5 days in the new rig. Had to RMA it but OCZ didn't have a 520adjsli so they shipped me a 600adjsli instead. Fire hazard or not they sure have great tech support over there.

Ugh, I'm sorry to say you got a little ripped off, the 520w powerstream is better than the 600w powerstream even though the 600w is more expensive.

3DFlyer said:
<sigh> I do know this. It wasn't a PowerStream... surge protector or not. OCZ's protection circuitry is known to be the best you can buy.

I would BEG the mods to change the title of this thread!

An OCZ PowerStream is one of THE best OC'ing power units that money can buy. I know this becasue I own one, as well as hundreds of others here who own them and have clocked to levels that exceed 6GHz now...yes 6GHz, and I just saw one with a CPU-Z verified clock of 5.991.01 MHz (5.991GHz).

An OCZ is definitely NOT a fire hazzard. A Deer, a Codegen, a PowMax is a fire hazzard, but definitely not a OCZ.

It looks like the houses wiring was the fire hazzard.

1st lol calm down probly just a bad PSU (yes it can happen)

2nd if it was the power from his house that caused it then how would he have lights on? lol

oh, i thought he said it was a modstream

yeah it couldn't be the house wiring, if the outlet was shorted there would have been no spark cause the breaker would be tripped

ckj said:
Ugh, I'm sorry to say you got a little ripped off, the 520w powerstream is better than the 600w powerstream even though the 600w is more expensive.

Yea i knew that reading tons of threads on this forum but there was nothing i could do if they didn't have parts availiable at that time. I'll probably just resell it and buy a 520 and maybe gain something out of it.

Back