• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
As you'll see over on the SteamDB app page , DayZ now has an early access tag and is primed for a single purchase, which means it's a standalone away from the mod that's currently available on Steam at the moment.
http://steamdb.info/sub/17511/#section_apps

http://dayzblog.net/news/dayz-standalone-icon-now-on-steams-database/

i Figured it was about time for this thread to exist there was some big news i read this morning dayz early access has been added to the steamDB which people are hinting at the release of the alpha testing to be halloween, which would be indeed awesome!

the link to the steam store is not live YET and could be at any time.

Last edited:
I'm in for sure. I couldn't get into the mod too much because of the bugs but I'll give the standalone a run. Thanks for the heads up!

a more recent article with rocket's input

"Amazing how quickly the internet picks up on things isn't it," said DayZ lead and creator Dean Hall when we asked him for clarification this morning. "All I can say is that progress has been very good, we're a mix of nervous and excited. And as I'd stated on my twitter when I announced my break from social media/updates, we are on the final lap. Part of the final process involves the actual administration of the release, which is actually surprisingly complex and time-consuming."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/dayz-standalone-in-steam-database-hall-says-progress-very-good/

Keep in mind, standalone will likely be very buggy from the get go. In addition to a lot of features probably not implemented for a while. Kind of disappointing when you realize this was to be released originally a full year ago.

Standalone has a lot of competition in the current DayZ mods. Epoch, Origins, etc offer a lot of things to do. Their features aren't perfect, but it is still available to utilize and is being enjoyed by the masses.

idk it might be pretty buggy, then again that could be why they are putting so much extra time into it so it isn't so buggy, on top of the other new additions they are putting int.

Keep in mind, standalone will likely be very buggy from the get go. In addition to a lot of features probably not implemented for a while. Kind of disappointing when you realize this was to be released originally a full year ago.

Standalone has a lot of competition in the current DayZ mods. Epoch, Origins, etc offer a lot of things to do. Their features aren't perfect, but it is still available to utilize and is being enjoyed by the masses.
I think you will be right in the beginning but being a standalone bugs can be addressed a little easier I would think. Instead of being limited to the primary game they can modify or fix something as they wish.

True while there will be bugs because the game is so complex and has tons of systems and features they will have a lot more control to modify and fix them over just a mod.

I hope this pans out... or I have lost all faith in open world zombie survival games

That's what makes me kind of Nervous. The concept is great, but Rocket is a young developer with fairly limited resources and BIG dreams and goals for the game but also why I wan't to support them I haven't seen anyone in a long time try something so different from the norm... Other than Star Citizen lol

He really needs to instill confidence in the community. Like I said, a lot of things he's been saying DayZ will do has been done in DayZ mods for several months. Players will need to pay money to sacrifice features they've gotten comfortable with. I am concerned this might create a lot of division in the community. Server owners will need appropriate tools to customize their servers and manage them effectively. Another thing that can make or break clans or server communities.

Personally, I just want to scavenge and PVP...primarily in groups. So anything that caters to that will be nice. I can hold off for extra goodies.

indeed i really do hope its all its supposed to be

He really needs to instill confidence in the community. Like I said, a lot of things he's been saying DayZ will do has been done in DayZ mods for several months. Players will need to pay money to sacrifice features they've gotten comfortable with. I am concerned this might create a lot of division in the community. Server owners will need appropriate tools to customize their servers and manage them effectively. Another thing that can make or break clans or server communities.

Personally, I just want to scavenge and PVP...primarily in groups. So anything that caters to that will be nice. I can hold off for extra goodies.

Agreed. And they should focus on those core things before worrying to much about the infection's on items and diseas spread and such that and making sure performance is up.

Gameplay over features :)

I think with the amount of development they've put into the game it wont be as buggy as most expect.

LOL Maybe but it is the ARMA Engine we're dealing with ;) Honestly through all the bugs I have always been super impressed with the engine and what people can do with it.

I hope they improve the interface, I like day z but learning how to interact w/ the world is not intuitive...that being said, its the reason ive rage quit so many time when playing the Arma 2 tutorial. HATE THE INTERFACE AND CONTROLS...LOVE DAY Z!

I know they've done some MASSIVE changes from the videos it looks way more intuitive. Click and drag bigger spaces a lot easier and more traditional. But we won't really know till we try it out!

dancer where have you been?!?

If they have not fixed the lame 'gentlemen's side step' over fences, I am not getting it!

Back