• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Winchester 3500+, What to expect from this stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

Today I bought a A64 3500+. I cant test it until tomorow that my DFI SLI comes, so I was wonedring if anyone got any idea of what to expect from it....

The full stepping is :

ADA3500DIK4BI
CBBID0502BPEW

So I guess it's made in the second week of 2005 right?
I am going to use stock cooling at least for the beginning...

Well, Andreas is maybe the luckiest guy on earth because he is the first Greek guy I've seen in this forum (been here for over 2 years) and yes I bought this CPU in a Greek retailer :D

So sorry guys but for the rest of you it's no use....
However, since usually electronic stuff comes to Greece later than in other countries (especially US) I don't think you'd have a problem finding it...maybe you just haven't looked at their new arrivals...

Also, as far as I know the fact that it's new doesn't mean it OCs better... it's a matter of luck....but I guess maybe it has a bigger chance to OC nice...

Anyway, in a few hours I'll have the DFI and we'll see...

Well greek indeed but my friend OSFP I support Panathinaikos (hehe) and not Olympiakos...
Anyway when you find out what's the problem pls send me a message through my Y messenger or through the forums... Plz..
Oh and I'm luckier I've found another greek here but don't remember his nick...

i would like to hear back also as my sisters friend just got one and has a koolance case w/ water yada yada but windows won't even post with his kingston hyperx (DDR500) at 2.8v ram and 1.4125vcore with a multi of 9 and fsb of 244 i knew i could get it to post with some more juice someplace but he knows nothing about computers (how he managed to build one i don't know) which is why i was fixing it for him...and of course i wanted to find out what it could do but he was too scared of frying his chip....all that crap... also his was on an ASUS mobo (quite a switch when it comes to bios settings for OCing from that of my DFI)

Anyways when you get some clocks / specs i would love to see them

Now it's 2.00 o clock in Greece....in about 8 hours I will wake up and go get the DFI I have ordered from a local shop. So at about 11.00 I will be back home with almost the whole system ready to be mounted...

Antec Super Lanboy
Fortron Bluestorm 500W
DFI UT NF4 SLI-D
A64 3500+ 0502 BPEW
MSI 6800GT PCI-E
2x36gb Raptors

So far so good, only thing is I don't have any RAM yet...so I'll use Kingston valueram PC3200 2x512mb from my other machine just to test the CPU... I will use a divider to take the RAM out of the picture, and I hope by the afternoon I'll have some results of the CPU...

So if you are interested just keep an eye at this thread at the afternoon tommorow...

I have a 0502 3500+ CPU with simular stepping CBBID0502APEW...its ok if you can keep the heat down to sane levels you'll do ok 2.8 np :D more or less all on luck, I've only just starting burning mine in, I hope to get more "luck" in winter :)

R

OSFP said:
Today I bought a A64 3500+. I cant test it until tomorow that my DFI SLI comes, so I was wonedring if anyone got any idea of what to expect from it....

The full stepping is :

ADA3500DIK4BI
CBBID0502BPEW

So I guess it's made in the second week of 2005 right?
I am going to use stock cooling at least for the beginning...

I hope everything goes well for you.

Those late 0501 & 0502 are kind of mixxed in O/C capabilities.
They came up with either too good pieces or too bad ones.

It was a less than average piece if you ask me...
I didn't post yesterday because I had a bazillion problems with the DFI. This mobo has problems with the 11 multiplier (which is the stock multy in 3500+), and also has problems with A-data DDR500 which use Hynix BT-D43 chips. It took me the first day to find these out, and today I started ocing the thing using the 10.5 multy and 1/2 divider on RAM.
By saying stable, I mean it passed 20 mins without errors in Prime95 (I didn't have time to test for more yet).
Well, to make a long story short, with stock voltage (1.4) it reached 2470.
After this nothing mentionable.... I needed to pump 1.55 to make it stable at 2520 and no more than that (also tried 2550 but prime failed in 10 mins).
I guess the stock cooler is holding me back a bit when adding voltage....but then again I would expect to reach something more like 2600 with 1.55v...

I guess it's a less than average piece, nothing worth really....
However I've heard winchesters don't like prime and are stable in frequences higher than those that prime fails....I guess I'm going to test that later... At the moment I have left it at 2520 1.55v priming and I'll let it go for more than an hour, to see if it's really stable....

Things to keep in mind is that I use stock cooler, and that at 2520 1.55v full load temp is 54c ....

Andreas, the CPU was bought by a guy in a Greek forum that can fetch some CPUs...but I don't think its any good (this CPU) so don't just go buy one :D

TASOS, nice too see another Greek guy here.... I remember you from pctech too...

I will post any new info if I got later...
Bottom line is, this CPU is nothing special and you are better off with an older week part...

yea from the short time i messed around with the one my friend had i was a bit unhappy with its lacking performance. i couldnt even get it to boot stable w/ 244fsb x9 (4mhz under stock) with 2.8v on his kingston hyperx pc4000 anyways hopefully you atleast still like it also sorry to hear about all the problems with your board

Before you give up on that processor, I would suggest some better cooling. Personally, I wouldn't run an Athlon XP or A64 above 50c....perhaps you might be able to net some more clocks with some better temperatures.

deception``

CBBID has been getting a rep for being a horrible overclocking stepping. If you are wanting a better overclock, look for an earlier chip.

Back