• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WorldofWarcraft, Help NEEDED! w/ PC Problem whil using.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erigon_Sean

World of Warcraft! Possible priest Guild...

:sn:

I am a level 7 priest, laugh if you wish, I am very new....

I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips, insight, or help guide me through the game; meaning tell me what is best. Like skills, trade, items, etc... ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

I am brand new to the game, and I am kind of confused...

Please help me....

Also, when I am running WoW, There is an error, and it shuts the game down. I am not a computer Genius, and I was wondering if it was just because my PC overheats... Sometimes it even reboots, or I guess thats a crash. I don't know what the problem is, so maybe some of you do?

Also, if I need something new to fix this, like a water cooling system for example, what do ytou reccommend?

Don't make this just about fixing the problem please, I really need help with WoW!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you for your time! I just joined the O/C and I love it. I have watched my brother use it all the time!

THANK YOU ALL!!! :thup:

Last edited:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

Well, to be honest with you, there is really no wrong way to play WoW. Its all personal preference. I suggest heading over to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com and checking out the forums over there. They are really, really helpful. For your computer problem, it could be a couple different things. Does it do this in any other games or applications? WoW is still a VERY buggy application, although it is getting better.

Well, Not with anything else I have played, but all I have played was crappy games like Nexus, with crappy graphics, or no graphics at all...

When I touch my heat sink, and I bet I shouldn't it is VERY hot, so I put my huge fan by it, after removing the left panal... Ugh, I need a new fan system, or cooling system, any recoomendations for that too?

Remember to try and answer my first questions too!!

THANKS!!

I've heard problems with WoW if your computer is overclocked, also there are some plug-ins that cause problems so those two would be my first guess, let me know if you either of those done apply to you.

Also there are a bunch of us here from the forums on the Illidan server on the horde side, if you'd like to join us at all just shoot me a pm....our guild is about 78 people and we're all pretty friendly and helpful :)

Well, Maybe my computer is overclocked... I don't know because my brother does all that kind of stuff... :drool:

By the way, I am alliance, horde must die? Kidding... :bang head

I really am most intrested in help, like any information about WoW that would help myself, ( I am a human priest lvl 7)...

Like information on what Path I should take concerning skills like skinning... Also, what type of weapons and armor... I am BRAND NEW!! To both the forums and WoW.... ANY INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP ME BETTER MY FORUM USE, AND DEFINATLY WoW USE! PLEASE ASSIST!!! :D

:clap: Thank you so much, I love how friendly everyone is!!! :D :thup:

Last edited:
Well as for the talent tree i heard you should go with the shadow priest side because the other two arent so good. As for a weapon id recomend staff.
I dunno anything about the alliance side so i cant really help ya :(

If your computer is not completly stable, then WOW will crash. It happens to me a lot when I am overclocked. Of course I just run it at stock settings and I am fine.

As far as tips go, now that I am Lvl 37 ORK Shaman :) I have learned that all you really need to do is just quests, quests, and more quests. Those are important and make you have to go out and explore other then just going out and leveling up. Plus they give you great experience and some good items. When you get high enough you can start going into some instances and that is where the real fun is at. Just do quests, try to join a guild, and you can ask all of your guildmates questions. You'll do fine.

Thanks for your reply, but how do you hoose a talent, does it occur when you turn level ten, or is it the style of spells you choose?

As in, how do you make yourself a shadow...

Also, how does one pick a skill like skinning, or mining, AND what is good for a HUMAN Preist...

Also, if you know how to use the skills, or perform them, can you tell me?

I am so new, and its hard to figure out how to do it myself...

THANK YOU!

I know how you feel looking for the answers to your questions, but what needs to be restated is the fun of a mmorpg is finding out what works well for you. Someone will have their own opinion, and you may find it not suitable to you. Just try and give it some thought and figure out what you *think* will be the most benefit to you.
Regarding the problems you are encountering with your machine, to be of any help we would need your complete specs... even then, you might be best served dealing with WoW tech support.

Good luck :)

Thats what I am looking for, a good opinion... I hate being confused, and I don't want to do something that won't better me in the long run, and that I would want to change later... I want to get an opinion onsomeone that has more experianced with WoW... thats the whole puprose of my post...

I wish I knew the specs myself, my brother is all into that, and I don't no much about PC's, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction...

THANKS!!

Oh yeah, the only thing that I found significant, is that when I put my Boxfan open on the side, I don't have that problem...

I personally think my PC is over heating, but I am a n00b when it comes to PC's... But, I did feel my7 Heat Sinc and it is EXTREMLY HOT! that might be the problem, it may not...

I wish I new more about computers....

Well, not having experienced the priest route it's hard to say where/what you need to head. I imagine that potions would be useful to you so a skill to take might be Herbalism/Alchemy. I play a Tauren Druid and took Skinning/Leatherworking because they end up beneficial to my class. Might want to look into what benefits your class. Playing the game usually gives you a good feel. My druid is at around 37 I believe and I just started playing a Undead rogue to try a different class. Maybe Quincy will chime in, he's a level 40+ priest in the guild with us.

As Scotto said above you are more than welcome to join us on Illidan if you would like to play with your fellow forum goers, just make sure to choose Horde and let any of us leaders know and we'd be happy to add you. You can get up to level 7 in a day or two so there really wouldn't be a big loss.

J :cool:

Yeah, I got to level 9, and I chose Enchanting, and then the stuff that takes linen, or something, I forget what its called.... :cry:

What is this Shadow priest thing I hear?

And also, I almost :bang head killed a level 10 priest when he has some shadow spell, and I ran out of mana, so then I couldn't heal or cast my shield... MADE ME ANGRY! :mad:

I really love my priest, but I want to solo.... Someone told me Priests are about the strongest, because they can keep healing, and they have some great solo abilities if you take the -SHADOW- route... What the heck is Shadow!?!?! :confused:

Also, if anyone knows about the Enchanting skill, and the linen work... TELL ME PLEASE!

Also, I think there is some kind of skills that I will be able to access at level 10... Can anyone tell me about that?

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Last edited:
Also, I am thinking of making a Priest guild :sn: ... If anyone is intrested, it will probably be priest only, if you can do that, I am new so I don't know the details, but it will be fun! I will find out the Server I am on, and tell you...

If anyone is intrested, ALLIANCE!! H0oT! :clap:

Last edited:
Back