• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this VDDR in the BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frakk

Right at the bottom highlighted. VDDR. i know what i think it is, but i want someone who knows what it is to say it.

And is it unwise to mess with it?

picture.php

I've seen it in other AMD boards as the voltage for the ram chip for the onboard graphics.
That's the only place I've seen it on motherboards though.

It controls the memory power regulation circuitry voltage.

eh? I think i like Bobnova's explanation :)

Its what i thought it was, (GPU vRAM Voltage) now to pluck up the courage to play with it.

Thanks guys

Is that on the Sabertooth? If so there isn't any sideport memory so that's not it.

It's not the memory voltage, that's higher up.

what they said about it being the supplemental regulation voltage for memory circuts. Most boards tend to grey it out under the standard sets of options that most overclockers end up using for pushing chips.

DRAM Voltage is the Voltage for my Memory modules (1.55v)
It is the MOBO in my signature.

This is the problem, there are so many settings in these things it becomes confusing about whats what, i can even over-volt and overclock the South Bridge in this thing, why would i want to do that?

I'm back to square one, i don't know again lol, the best thing to do would be to Email ASUS, but my experience of there customer care, is that they don't know anything and don't care.

The best MOBO's for AMD; IMHO, but hopeless customer care

If you where running really high memory voltages like 1.8-1.9volts you would probably increase that vddr some. But for stock and most the time in general on an asus boards its not something most users needed to do. Since the Digipower its fairly good at compentation if you;ve sett it up into the more aggressive power states.

DRAM Voltage is the Voltage for my Memory modules (1.55v)
It is the MOBO in my signature.

This is the problem, there are so many settings in these things it becomes confusing about whats what, i can even over-volt and overclock the South Bridge in this thing, why would i want to do that?

I'm back to square one, i don't know again lol, the best thing to do would be to Email ASUS, but my experience of there customer care, is that they don't know anything and don't care.

The best MOBO's for AMD; IMHO, but hopeless customer care

I was not saying it was DRAM voltage. It is essentially the voltage for the memory controller.

memory bus (VDDR) voltage on Sabretooth and CHV.

PS: I doubt there is any need what so ever for changing the voltage of the ram bus unless one had 16 gigs of DDR2123 or faster running at least as fast as the ram is rated for.

Just a side note, this isnt limited to high end boards... Even the dirt cheap M5A97 (vanilla, non evo or pro) has this option. Now I just learned what it does... Nothing for me :p

Ah... got it thanks :)

No extreme vRAM memory speeds for me :cry:

I noticed that vRAM in your post and it made me think again. VRAM is video ram and I just wanted to try and make clear where VDDR is located. The block diagram I drew up below is illustrative of only one function of VDDR as I understand it. I chose to show only one area in which VDDR functions. I still see no need in +97% of the situations to be adjusting VDDR.

RGone...ster. :chair:

Attachments

• VDDR.jpg
    VDDR.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3,807
Just a side note, this isnt limited to high end boards... Even the dirt cheap M5A97 (vanilla, non evo or pro) has this option. Now I just learned what it does... Nothing for me :p

While its not limited to high end boards, a larger majority of boards disable Vddr as an adjustable options once certain custom ram settings are used.

I noticed that vRAM in your post and it made me think again. VRAM is video ram and I just wanted to try and make clear where VDDR is located. The block diagram I drew up below is illustrative of only one function of VDDR as I understand it. I chose to show only one area in which VDDR functions. I still see no need in +97% of the situations to be adjusting VDDR.

RGone...ster. :chair:

Thank's RGone :)

Back