• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV cam setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Guys my sister and I are looking for a gift for my mother. She lives in TX but her triplet grandchildren, 3yrs old, are all in Oklahoma. She's always on the phone listening to them but we'd like to try and bring them a little closer together.

So what, if any, cams are out there that we could hook up between the two TV's, one in Texas and the other in Oklahoma, that would let them easily see one another? It'd be great if we could do this because with three kids running around it'd be easier for them to see my mother on their flat screen TV in the main den than a smaller desktop. Also vice versa.

Are there any easy to setup and use devices that we could use for this? Anyway I could integrate other items with cameras like my laptop or new 4g phone so I could get some facetime with the kids also?

not sure if you fixed this...i am gussing that you have found something...but in case you didn't...I have two ideas for you 1) using an old computer you could hook it in to the TV and try to use Skype. I say Skype because i know that works with Android/iOS and others (wifi only). you could also try 2) looking at Cisco Umi which can do direct TV video chat, not sure on the pricing (skype is free). Hope that helps...good luck!

Back