• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Settings/Performance Question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandora14

FIRST TIME EVER USING A FORUM/THREAD, So sorry if I make a mistake, please let me know if I do.. Newbie here. :D

Anyways, I have a question on my GPU. I am quite new to the PC Hardware section and I am bulding my first PC. This is my question..

In a test, I am running SKYRIM, on full ENB, full 2K & 4K texture packs, 30+ graphics mods and mesh improvements etc, on HIGH settings.

When running in full screen, my GPU is running this:

Radeon HD 7850 (R7 265)

Temperature: 45'C Average and 60'C top.
Clock: 1024
Fan Speed: 10% Average and 20% top.
Usage: 80% Average to 95% top.

Are these SAFE running levels? Can i get more out of this card without causing card death/faliure? It is currently NOT OVERCLOCKED.

Perfectly safe, sure... that is what the card is supposed to run at. ;)

You can overclock, sure!

In a nutshell, raise one thing at a time, core or memory. I suggest core first. Raise it 25 Mhz at at time and test. If it works for a few minutes, push on. When it stops, lower the clocks and test longer. If temps are in order (say under 80C), you can raise voltage to push further. Rinse and repeat with the memory.

Back