• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 53.03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the drivers are great, I certainly can't see any fault with them. Then again i don't have 2 comps side by side comparing.
and a default 5800 is fairly on par with a non oc'd 9700 going by fps and not image quality (which i couldn't tell a difference between my 9500pro and 5800 image quality wise, but just saying that to not start anything) My 9500pro used to get 3600 or so.
heres my 5800
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1700682
I think spending the $30 extra on the 5800 is well worth it vs a mod that might not work and trying to find a card that is nearly extinct.

Well the mod is software based and totally reversible and once you check forums like rage3d they tell you the exact type of 9500 to get ,if you get one of those then it is an almost 100% mod . But I agree that the 9500 cards aren't easy to find anymore .

Man, I need to get off my lazy *** and dl these 53.03 Forceware drivers... All I can seem to accomplish on my computer lately is playing Warcraft III =P

Cowboy X said:
If you don't want to risk modding that is a good price especially if you bought it a while back , but for less you could get a 9500 non-pro and mod it to a 9700 non-pro ..

I heard there is only a 50% chance that this mod will work.

Not with the right card . It has to do with the shape of the memory modules on the card , 'L' shaped i think . Once you get the right card you are looking at an almost 100% mod . It is the others that fall into the 50 % category .

Back