• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony starts a "revolution!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't expect that many games will take advantage of the motion detection on the PS3 controller. I expect the opposite for the Wii remote.

Well neither one is in the market yet and we all know it all comes down to execution. Wait till those controllers are in the hands of gamers before you decide which controller is the best.

The way I see it it really does not matter who thinks the idea first but who executes the idea the best. Not even to mention Who brings it to the market first or who had it in their design first. Anouncing it first usually does not mean having the idea first. I wonder if we will even see a lawsuit about it. I hope not because the more competition there is between them the better the products will get.

AngelfireUk83 said:
No offence but that controller won't go with that console design maybe the black one yeah but it's not sleek stylish enough. The other boomerang pad looked awful but it was sleek and stylish.

And you know what I bet the break as quickly as the PS2 pad's do.

WTF are you taking about? I'm no fan of Sony but their controllers are tough as nails. EVERY post there is about a console, you poop on it.... Dude if you don't have anything good to say then........

megaez said:
if it works why change it?

because there should be some innovation over 10+ years since the PS1, otherwise we will be playing the same games, the same way for the next 10 years.

There stealing of the wii controller idea is just a gimmick, it probably wont be as good or functional as the Wii, nor will it have a company like Nintendo pumping out fun/unique games designed for the controller.

[Sony@Japan]# cat nintendo_inovation | grep goodstuff > PS3

I expected more from a company that released a console causing worldwidecontraversy. Remember when the Japanese government was worried that people would use PS2s to control missiles? I don't see how, either. It'd probably get a few DREs before reaching target. Ah well.

Hahaha. I remember that rumor. I heard it was just the Sony spin department trying to stir up a little publicity.

More like PlagiariseStation 3, amirite? :p

megaez said:
if it works why change it?
Because it was designed in 1994, I don't think that the PS1 controller was that futureproof. I'd rather have the boomerang, at least it looks like they spent more than 5 minutes on it.

its not really like the wii its more like a supplement to the ps2 controller

maybe only used to strafe while the wii motion is for almost everything

Back