• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a few odds and ends yesterday

XIGMATEK Dark Knight and a PCI-E wireless card to put some of my old parts together for a folding machine, USB external DVD drive because I'm tired of having to pull the one out of my main rig all the time for benching ect , Samsung 830 128 GB SSD for my main rig to replace my 60 GB Vertex 2. Been wanting to upgrade my SSD for a while and the other night I got a BSOD and the Vertex didn't show up in the BIOS until I powerd down and unplugged/replugged it in so it seemed like a good excuse to replace it and make it a benching drive.

That USB DVD drive is good idea. I was actually thinking about the same and it's in plans for some, not far future. Only problem is that older boards don't like some of these drives but for that I still have some IDE.

Btw already edited BIOS for that GTX275 but there is not much improvement as max voltage is 1.18V while stock was 1.17V ( it was already higher than reference card ). I can't complain as this card is running for last 5h in F@H @756/1250MHz ( 650/1175 stock ). Core temp under full load 50*C :)

I've been wanting one and the fact that I was getting ready to setup another PC and was going to microcenter meant it was time lol. I think the only board I have that may not like it (that I use enough for it to matter) is my DFI Ultra D though I've never tried booting from USB devices from one so I don't know. In this day and age they are handy as there is no need much anymore for one outside of initial setup for many people as everything is just digital download.

i got my intel centrino wireless-n 2200 yesterday much better signal but having issues with wireless n but the better signal on G is good nuff for me i guess lol for some reason wireless N would only work occasionally and was super slow

Oh I see...Baked EVGA gtx670 ftw x2. Comes with a custom non-toxic backplate made of chocolate and hydro-frosting cooler, which runs on a caramel based loop.

dude you just made me want some ice cream with chocolate and caramel.:mad:

:rofl:

just won a lte 5400 on ebay for $1.44
compis-800.jpg

can't wait to get it
it's going to be fun to play with :D

do whaaaat?! that thing is badass! hahahaha even has a 1.44meg floppy built into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back