• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Install U.t. On Sons Computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

here is the error i get at 99% of install:
same ting happens with rune but serious sam worked fine!
ut disk is perfect, no scratches, and installs on other systems.

what the hell does this error mean?

system specs:
asus k7vrm slot-a
amd 700 athlon not oced
256mb pc133
30g 7200rpm hd
generic cdrom
generic floppy
8mb voodoo3 agp
win98 250watt psu
all mobo updates installed.
dx8.0

Last edited:
You're running Win98, right?

Hmmm . . . A friend of mine got that error (or something similar) quite a few times after he got his new system up and running w/ Win2k pro, but it always happened during gameplay.

I hate to ask this, but is your copy of UT pirated, or legit? If its warezed, then that might be causing your problems. If its not, then it might be the cd-rom or the harddrive.

hope that helped

lol
yeah this game is legit.
but i have used personal bakups of other games on this system without problems.
thankx though.

Last edited:
Max88 said:
I use to have this problem,
It might be something to do with DMA, if you turn it off it might work, worked for me.

i tried that too but no dice.
im becoming disgruntled now :mad: :rolleyes:

thanx for all the help guys and keep the ideas comin!

is the system overclocked at all? It looks like its trying to get something out of the RAM but not being able to find it . . . or something.

could be a ram issue, or a cd-rom problem. Try installing the game with the cd rom from the other system and see what happens.

yeah ive installed a stick of brand new 256 pc133 but this system has never been oced. honest.
ive tried 2 brand new cd roms and no go.
someone here helped me fix this exact poblem a while bak but im brain dead.
event sent the error to infogrames and they suggested what u guys already have lol.

ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Back