• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thunder storm killed lan units?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Today a heavy thunderstorm rolled threw.

When i got home, non of my miners were online, and my NAS unit was 100% messed up on the display.

After a bunch of looking around, I found that my switch running both miners and my NAS was dead. This has now been replaced with a backup.

Both my nas and one of my miners worked no problems after that, but my main miner, no life from the onboard LAN?

I tried to reinstall drivers, and reset bios, nothing. Its not running on a Wlan usb key, but can a thunderstorm really take out so much hardware? And why only located in within my LAN?

If it took out the switch, it probably went through the data lines. I wouldn't be surprised to find dead network hardware after that.

Okay, so i now have a dead onboard LAN on my miner :/ Thats kinda annoying. Oh well, the wlan works for now.

Just strange non of my other 3 LAN units were effected.

Okay, so i now have a dead onboard LAN on my miner :/ Thats kinda annoying. Oh well, the wlan works for now.

Just strange non of my other 3 LAN units were effected.

Consider yourself fortunate more hardware wasn't destroyed.

ya once a thunder storm killed all of our TV boxes in our house it when into the Cable Line
but if it only took a switch and a onboard Lan your lucky

Back