• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gettin Tweaky wit' it. More OEM Overclocking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

I had to solder the bottom of the mobo to have a 1.675v(1.71v actual) and disable a pin in the ZIF to get a 133fsb default instead of the normal 100fsb. The pin was BSEL1. Pop the ZIF cap off and wrap tape around the pin. Easy! Nice thing is that the Intel mobo gives a cas 222 as default. Pretty snappy system. i say if you got a FCPGA system running a older PIII or celeron this mod with the "Running a tualatin in a mobo without powerleap" mod is for you. I would say the stability of this machine is remarkable. It iwll be fun to see when some of the 1.3 and 1.4GHz cel-t hit 133fsb to through them in a older BX mobo. Look at what is circled.

Here is a list of tualatin CPU's I have oc'd now and OC'd speeds.

1.0a @ 1.45+GHz ~1.75
1.1a @ 1.46+GHz 1.7v (~1525 to 1550MHz max @ 1.85v)
1.2a @ 1.6GHz 1.85v (Died in freak 1.6GHz/1.85v no HS when booting mess. Toasted it in 1/10 of a second. No smoke even!)
1.2a @ 1.57GHz 1.75v
1.2a @ 1.6GHz 1.65v (1.67GHz max @ 1.75v)
PIII 1.2 @ 1.5GHz 1.625v (Died in freak IHS removal project)
PIII 1.2 @ 1.6 GHz 1.75v ( Now resting in my mums computer @ 1.2GHz and 1.25v)
PIII-s 1.4 @ 1.78 GHz 1.8v

Got down IHS removal to a science. go under one corner with a razor blade and then do the rest with a credit card pushed under the razor blade then pull out the razor blade!

Added new tualatin 1.4!

Last edited:
i815 (non B-step) board right?

But what's that core voltage of 3.0??
Must be an error / bug. hehe

D2DM said:
i815 (non B-step) board right?

But what's that core voltage of 3.0??
Must be an error / bug. hehe

No it is a Bstep mobo. Only thing is that it is Intel brand with on board sound, vid and lan. I had to default the chip to 133fsb to get it too OC and use 1/4 dividers.

Man, if those Intel boards had overclocking capabilities. they'd be solid Tualatin boards. I owned an Intel D815EEA2 motherboard prior to my ST6, and it was rock solid.

They do have overclocking capabilities;) Just for the super tweaker though. Need to rip out the soldering iron or vid pin though.

Hey ol'man when did you sneak out and get a 1.1a chip. I was gone most of last week and must have missed it. Are you going to put it in your st6 and see how far it will oc. Also sounds like you are thinking of trying one of the new tully 1.4 chips when the newer steppings show up??. For me 3 tullys is enough. I am pretty happy with the results I have achieved to date and am now worrking on better case cooling for super stability. My current systems are so close to the edge that with the summer temps in SoCal I have to back off my cpu speeds on some really hot days. Anyway I am planning on a p4 ddr system some time in the future.

I am going to bundle this up and sell it as a system. It is rock solid at any temp. It would have to get upto around 115 deg. C for this thing to crash I have figured in the room.

Back