• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperatures with Corsair H80 & 3930K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computer1919

help is heat right

help
i have a intel core i7 3930k on 4.0ghz overclocked
and my heat is about 60 degrees on Celsius is that normal i have a corsair h80 hydro cooling

help
i have a intel core i7 3930k on 4.0ghz overclocked
and my heat is about 60 degrees on Celsius is that normal i have a corsair h80 hydro cooling

Umm, we have other forums besides one JUST for pictures that you can ask questions.

You need to use a load test program like Prime 95.

You need to use a temp monitoring program like Real Temp.

You need to run at idle for 30 minutes and recored your room temps and CPU temps.

You need to run Prime 95 for 30 minutes and record room temps AGAIN and CPU temps.

Nice to know your case, fans, RPM on fans.

Otherwise we can't help you at all, there are way to many varibles.

Hang out and read different forums instead of picking the first one. Learn a bit about the forums.

Last edited:
Is that at load, or idle? How are you testing it at load? What software are you using to monitor temps?

i am new so i am just using the motherboadrs temp motherboard is
msi X79A-GD65 (8D) i am not runing anything when i testet that
(sorry for bad spelling)

Your best bet is to use coretemp to monitor the temperatures. It reads directly from the ondie digital sensor, where as your motherboard monitoring software may or may not be reading that sensor is a different sensor. If coretemp still shows 60C+ temps and you're only idling then your temps are pretty high.

If that's the case:
1) Whats your overclock settings? Volts mainly
2) Try resetting the h80 block

now they ar down to 46-51

Is that across all cores? While that still seems slightly high, mid 40s is about what I'd expect at idle. You could try to reset the block but more importantly you should test temps at load. Use prime95 and the small fft's for cpu testing.

Moved to its own thread. We'll need a lot more information to help you computer1919, such as what voltage you're using, what case it's in and what sort of ambient temperatures you have.

we would love to help.
but we need more info.

tell me:

what is your Vcore?
what program you testing load on?
do you have pictures?

I know the H80 tells you to use H80 as inlet, but as exhaust it is actually better, depending where it is located.

in short, the H80 should be able to handle a mildly overclocked 3930k, you can probably get a 4.7Ghz outta it on a 1.4Vcore-1.45Vcore, and get load temps around.. 80'c? (on coretemp, don't use Asus AIsuite, that is not an accurate CPU temp). but if you want to overclock any further, you will need to use a better liquid cooler.

I know.. cause I have been there, done that. :)

I've merged your two threads. In the future, please create only one thread on the same topic. Thank you.

3930k OC Temps

I am running a 3930k in an MSI BB xpowerii board at 4.3 with an H100 and my temps right now, near idle, read 24, 27, 27, 24, 28, 26

scodd, jumping into another thread is bad manners with questions, so thus ignored. Please start your own thread in the watercooling forum.

Ambient temps meaning room temps are important. Idle temps mean nothing.

Please redo your question with room temps, your setup for cooling and your load temps after 30 minutes with prime 95. Your voltages also would be nice. And take the time to write a better post.

Back