• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement fans for 212+ evo ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reaver22

Registered
I need to replace my fans on my 212 evo and was wondering what people would put for a push/pull system.

this will be on a 2500k @ hopefully pushing 4.7ghz

First, you do know you won't gain much performance going from a single fan to push pull on the EVO, right? You will probably only gain around 1-2 C better performance, since the EVO isn't what I would call a heatsink that builds up high resistance to airflow. With that said, what is your budget for the fans?

If you aren't worried too much about price, the Gentle Typhoon AP-14 or AP-15 fans would be my choice. Much better quality fans than the stock Cooler Master fan, which should outlast that heatsink's usefulness.

As for your EVO and a [email protected], I think that should be very doable as long as you don't get a dud 2500k that requires an extraordinary amount of vcore for 4.7. The EVO is a good heatsink for the price.

+1^

It would be a more effective cooling solution to go with a high velocity single fan (like a Delta), if you can stand the noise, than with a push-pull setup.

budget on fans is anything I need or should I just dump the evo and go for a Noctua D-14.
I have already had my CPU to 4.5 already

the reason I am changing out fans is I think a ball bearing or something went wrong with the fan I am getting a whinning noise from the fan and sometimes it sticks and doesnt revolve

If you were satisfied with the performance before the fan started whining, then just replace the fan with a better quality fan such as an AP-15 Gentle Typhoon. If you are looking for a pretty quiet, high performance and well built fan on a budget, this Thermalright TR-FDB-1600 is a steal at $5.49. And at that price you can afford to go with a push pull setup.

Back