• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering An Upgrade To R280X or 4820K CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Currently sitting with a 7850 2GB card and I've been comparing my card with a R280X and apart from the spec which is nearly double with what I am getting now with the 7850, I am stuck on should I sell my 7850 to put towards the R280X. Gaming wise I play the likes on Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite at 1920x1080p@60 on a LG 32" HDTV, games are playing fantastic Infinite slightly lags if I put everything on ultra but looks amazing anyway.

But....

I am also considering in maxing out the CPU for my board and buying a 4820K which at the price of £247 thats what I paid for my 2600k 2 years ago.

Better wait ~1 month and get non-reference R9 290 or look for a cheaper non-reference GTX780 ( ASUS DC2 or similar cards are still getting cheaper ). CPU is still good for games and will be for next 1-2 years.

Back