• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build - ASUS or Gigabyte?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New here. I have the AsRock Z97 ext4 and am happy with it. 4670K @ 4.6 could likely get 4.7. Also very good onboard sound with the ext boards.

Glad you like it! I've been very impressed with the Extreme6

Hey thanks man. I have been around the OC scene before in pcper long ago (I remember Rgone there when he was a DFI rep). Just now getting back into it as far as OC. I do have an AMD rig, and a few Intel rigs, this one being the newest. The AMD rig I have sports an MSI GD80 that runs an FX 8350 @ 4.6 currently.

Sorry to sort of thread jack here, but the first pc I built used an Asrock board and it crapped out after a couple of months. This was about 12 years ago with a p4. Have they come that far since? I never regarded them since as being a good line, but I have been out of it for a while.

Yea this can happen to (and does) to all the board makers. Asrock is definitely up there these days.

ASRock was an asus cheapo brand back then. Now they are their own company and higher quality than asus, fab wise.
ASRock uses pegatron, asus uses ecs, or did last I checked.

I loved the ASrock Z77 Extreme4, but I wasn't impressed with their Z87 lineup so I bought an Asus Z87 Hero. This time, I opted for the Asus Z97 Pro. I'm quite happy, but I really wish I'd taken a much closer look at the ASrock Z97 Extreme6. That is one awesome mobo and I'm very tempted to replace my Pro with it. We'll see.

Back