• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

downgrading f3c bios z87x-sli board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdfox

Hi, i upgraded my bios to the latest beta version this morning and it has sent my pc haywire i keep getting bsod left right n center now.

ive set it back to default in bios and removed the battery, Qflash and @BioS from app center but it tells me the mobo is protected from using this bios.

i want to try use the ftp dos-z87 way but after following the instructions to the letter i get an error saying boot manager is missing please restart. what am i doing wrong cant find any guides or step by step on using ftp dos at all.

pls help

*Gigabyte z87x-sli

Last edited:
Hi, yes i can use all bios functions @BioS Qflash etc but when when i try it says "this motherboard is protected from using this bios" will try the disc and get back to you.

There is no utility called that only the @BioS for use with app center.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be getting a BSOD in windows due to a BIOS flash as you are past the bios when in windows...perhaps the bios set something funky.

But what is the BSOD code? Can you post CPUz screenshots of the first tab, memory, and SPD tabs please? Host internally to the site please.

OCFinsertimages.png

Last edited:
Hi Earthdog long time no see mate not been in for a while need to update sig.

I found out the problem with crashes was my overclock. Since the update it will not allow anything to be changed from stock. Before I had rock solid 4.4ghz 1.295v ram@2400 1.64v

Now it crashed at jst x40 multi stock volts which shows 1.165v I also set volts to 1.25 and started at x40 crshed within 40 seconds prime blend.

Gigabyte claim it needs to be sent to them got a bios Flash as its ptotected from downgrading incase 4790k is being used or something but surely there must be a way.

once I jump on pc later as on s5 now

Edit: how can i take screenshots of the bios etc and could you show me a picture of how the folder should look when using ftp_dos_z87 as im following the steps and it keeps telling me the boot manager is missing and also when copying the files to a freshly formatted flash drive it asks me if i want to copy and replace 2 files AUTOEXE and MSDOS.SYS and with efiflash is says cannot read the bios file (I did rename bios.bin)

so i am totally lost now RMA is a no no for now

oc.png

Last edited:
Would really appreciate some help on this if anyone can, been at it all day, banging my head now. im not a thicko by far but i just cant get my head around using ftp_dos_z87 and the likes.

does this folder look correct for using FTK_0.9.6.1_DOS1 ?
Capture.PNG

edit: this is the bit im getting stuck on
Insert the usb stick into your computer and boot it up. Hit F12 to get to the boot menu and select the USB stick. Once that’s selected you will boot into win 98 DOS environment. From there, CD to the directory of your F1 BIOS, Now run: fpt -bios -f biosname.bin

Sorry for being a noobster at this but how do i CD to the directory of your F1 BIOS ?

Last edited:
Back