• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you dont mind ATM i just want to make sure i understand correctly. Are there any motherboards that do x/16 x/8 sli (z97 1150)? that its either x/8 x/8 or x/16 x/16

thx

if you dont mind ATM i just want to make sure i understand correctly. Are there any motherboards that do x/16 x/8 sli (z97 1150)? that its either x/8 x/8 or x/16 x/16

thx

As I said before, anything with a PLX chip does X16/X16. Anything without will be X8/X8 or lower.

And also as stated multiple times here it is a waste of your money to pay another $100 for the 2% or less gain you'll get from the PLX chip, unless you are doing extreme competitive benchmarking.

Great review - thanks.

Having an issue, so hope it's okay to post it here... If it's thread-crapping... I apologise and will start a new thread (LMK)

Anyone else here running one with a Samsung XP941 M.2 drive?

I am having all sorts of bothers with it disappearing from the 4x slot.

I've updated the bios (from within the bios) and that seemed to go just fine.
I've tried it with and without my GPU in the 1st slot... no difference.
I've tried applying the bios defaults.

Really frustrating.
I initially got it to show up after trying it in the slower slot, and then moving it back to the faster one. Once there, I managed to install Win 8.1 without issue and then used it for all of that night and the next day, with a shutdown and restart in the middle there somewhere.

Hoping someone can shed some light on it, because I really don't want to have to be opening up my case every morning and mucking around trying to get the thing to be recognised.

Update...
In touch with Asrock Tech Support direct now about that issue, so I'll be leaving it in the 2x slot until resolved... time for some overclocking...

1.25vcore, 100.3bclk, 2133 XMP 1.3 for the ram and straight to 47 cpu-multi / 42 cpu cache multi... highest temp in LinX was 71 and it passed just fine with no errors.
Happy with that, so tomorrow will see how low I can take the vcore and keep all the rest the same.

Last edited:
Back