• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacing my Sapphire 7750! (what should i get)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

Hi, the 7750 was not bad, only slightly more powerfull would be good, but its dead now, i really want to try NVidia this time, i use Linux,

i play wow,TF2,heartstone, i left gaming, might try a game like crysis or something ! whats a good nvidia graphics card for me? if there isn't any good cheap nvidia cards i will get R7 250x i mostly do programming, which i got a good CPU for it, i dont require GPU at all, !!!!

im thinking of GTX 650 ti now, is it good? i heard it has some problems with wow !!! also, i LOVE OCing, i would like to OC my GPU !!! GTX 750 ti is kinda expensive, for what i do, but my father's ok with paying up to GTX 750 ti's price !!

i only go to windows for HS or maybe some other games !!!

here are details:
1) What are your system specifications? Give us full specs:
see my signuture !

2) What is your budget?
my budget is MAX 150$, but less is great, im collecting money for future !

3) For how long are you planning to have this new card?
until the day it dies !/turns into dust ! or wen i return to gaming ( dont think ever, no time to game !)
4) What will the new Video Card be used for?
--- a) Hard-Core Gaming - LOVE GAMING!
--- b) Mixed = Some gaming but not much, a card that will let me play at least at medium/high settings.
--- c) A cheap-o card on which I might be able to game sometimes, not much power needed.
--- d) My grandpa wouldn't care what kind of a card it is, but he'd like to watch DVD's. (lol)

C) but not that cheap, 7750 is the least ! i like to max out my wow at 1080p like i did with my old 7750

5)If Gaming, please tells us the games you're planning to play. Please list as many as you'd love to play.

Daily: TeamFortress 2 | Hearstone | World of Warcraft | Minecraft ; at max !!!!
planning to if i get time !: BioShock, Metro Last Light, Titanfall; dont want to max it but also dont want to be low,(minimum)

ofc any cart that ca play wow is good for those other games :D

Last edited:
Best bet if you want to go Nvidia for that price would be a 2gb gtx 750 ti. Only 77w tdp, and requires no power cables to run. It runs just like your 7750, off of the power supplied by the pcie slot.

In newegg right now, EVGA gtx 750 ti 2gb non superclocked is $149.99. Best budget Nvidia card atm.

$150? 750 Ti for sure.
EVGA has a near-silent cooler on them, and (if you want to spend $170) their FTW version should OC like crazy.

$150? 750 Ti for sure.
EVGA has a near-silent cooler on them, and (if you want to spend $170) their FTW version should OC like crazy.
im already paying more than max buy thinking of GTX 750 Ti :( is asus version good?

lol first day i told my father its gonna be 100$, than next day i told him 130, than 150 :D now 170:D but he told me do what ever you want its your own money !!! so i am able to pay if it really make's diffrent. but remember im not a graphics gamer, i just play these games on brake :D

im already paying more than max buy thinking of GTX 750 Ti :( is asus version good?

lol first day i told my father its gonna be 100$, than next day i told him 130, than 150 :D now 170:D but he told me do what ever you want its your own money !!! so i am able to pay if it really make's diffrent. but remember im not a graphics gamer, i just play these games on brake :D

What's your budget in rials and what site would you buy from?

i would at max pay 650000 tomans equals to 6500000 rials !!! its 203$ but parts get shipping price here !

my fav sites are lioncomputer and rayansaba other websites just say unavailalbe all the time xD

Off topic, but if you have no time for gaming yet play WOW, then I applaud your self-control. Haha :)

Off topic, but if you have no time for gaming yet play WOW, then I applaud your self-control. Haha :)
lol, :D most time's i go for a little fun i only do a bg, or chat :D or duel in front of oggrimmar, thats not really playing :D i really want to play sometimes but once i start programming i just forgot about it ! i just included it in case ! and that would give idea what kind of graphics i require :p

i think i should just give up the nvidia thing and get a R250X asus :| or just pay and forgot about it !!!

how's GTX 650 ti?! its cheaper ! i can save a EVO 212 !

how much is diffrent is EVGA from ASUS !?

i couldn't find it on net, i only found the GTX 750 FTW version on net for R260X price !

EDIT: yesterday i couldn't sleep and i tought till 4:30AM, i think im going with cheap one and forgetting about the whole Nvidia think (if not possible for around 100$!)

whats the best overclocker in this range? and is there any nvidia cards with this price? anything that is more powerfull than 7750 is ok, or even if it has same performance!!! also i guess i dont really need 2GB of ram, but its nice if price diffrence is small,can you recommend me any good cards with 100$ and max 120$ range?!

Last edited:
im going to get the 7770, i gtg fast, but anyway thanks for reply, i fought its better to save money, i saved almsot 5 G19s in last 3 months :) also its not a bad overclocker :)

the 7770 would be just a minor increase in speed, it would be a waste of money

the 7770 would be just a minor increase in speed, it would be a waste of money
you see, the only reason im changing my graphics card is because its dead, i tought this time i get a better gpu, only problem i had with my old Graphics card was overclocking! and it was a little slow! but as long as its has higher fps than 7750 its good ! also i wanted to experiance Nvidia once, seems theres no way other than paying 120-170$ so i give up! but is 7770 good? to replace my dead 7750 and also overclocking it!! im going out in like 30 mins ! (to buy new gpu)

Gotcha, sorry I missed that it was dead.

If you were happy with the performance of the 7750 you can expect approximately the same performance, maybe a few FPS higher here and there. I see that you said the 750ti isn't available in your area, so that may be the best option for you. The 7770 is essentially the same price as a 260x, and a 260x would be a bit of an upgrade over it from what I can tell.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1044?vs=1079

Gotcha, sorry I missed that it was dead.

If you were happy with the performance of the 7750 you can expect approximately the same performance, maybe a few FPS higher here and there. I see that you said the 750ti isn't available in your area, so that may be the best option for you. The 7770 is essentially the same price as a 260x, and a 260x would be a bit of an upgrade over it from what I can tell.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1044?vs=1079
i tought 7770 would give like 8 more fps atleast !!!
also asus 750 ti is available, its just expensive!!!

here are prices !

ASUS HD7770 1GB DDR5 : 148$
ASUS GTX 750 Ti OC Dual Fan 2GB GDDR5 : 199$
ASUS R7 260X DCII OC 2GB GDDR5 : 188$
ASUS HD 7770 Dual fan 2GB GDDR5 : 186$
ASUS R7 250X Dual Fan 2GB GDDR5 : 173.5$
ASUS GTX 650 Ti OC DCII 1GB GDDR5 : 167$
ASUS GTX 650 DCU 1GB GDDR5 : 162$

this prices are normal here!

Last edited:
Looks like you wouldn't see any major differences, but a handful of FPS at low settings:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1140?vs=1079

750ti vs 7750:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1140?vs=1130

I would spend the extra $50 if you can sqeeze it, I think it would be greatly worth the cost.
yes, but i dont think the diffrence is for games i play !

my main problem isn't fps, its overclocking and price !

edit : woah huge diffrence! i wish i could game:( but sadly i can't !

Last edited:
If you have any plans to get back into WOW the extra power would be better for groups/parties, and TF2 would be better with a higher consistent frame rate. If you decide to play Crysis or any newer game at any point the extra power would also be pretty significant.

If you can't squeeze it, the 7770 will do OK, but like I said I wouldn't expect any night-and-day differences.

i have to think, because im also worried my mobo gonna damage the GPU :D but your right,

my 7750 gives 130 fps at tf2 :D

but its 50$:( let me think.... hmm....

now i think it could be with me for like 2 or 1 years! 16 or 8 $ per month.... !! thats a hard decision! btw im starting to thing im not going there today, my father isn't back !

also is asus version of 750 ti ok?!

i know 7770 isn't diffrent from 7750, but how about overclocking? it has a power input so i guess, i can give it more power and raise the frequency !

i have to think, because im also worried my mobo gonna damage the GPU :D but your right,

my 7750 gives 130 fps at tf2 :D

but its 50$:( let me think.... hmm....

now i think it could be with me for like 2 or 1 years!

also is asus version of 750 ti ok?!

Why do you mention that your mobo might kill the GPU? :shrug:

Why do you mention that your mobo might kill the GPU? :shrug:
my psu killed my old graphics card, and that one doesn't have power input, so, its possible that the voltage damaged mobo components in way too !!! my hdd and graphics card within 2 days ! i was working than suddenly part of screen rotated and screen went black !

its , only 50$, but still , i can buy evo 212 or G400s or ....

but anyway it's possible that my motherboard kills gpu , right?!

i got gigabyte R7 250x oc version, its so good i love it :D feels awesome to finally get rid of DVI and horrible video quality,

i got bioshock infinite, it had nothing to do with bioshock but anyway , it gave 30 fps at ultimate, thats weird, ! i didn't expect good performance :D

i than installed tombraider, it gave 30 fps at ultimate with tress fx ! at some sences it droped to 27 rarely, with 2xmaa it went 15 17 18 fps :|

i overclocked it using gigabyte oc guru it it didn't even make 0.1 fps change, i increased core by 50 and memory by 160, no change at all, i guess only temps went higher !!!

Last edited:
Get a used 7970/280x. They are selling anywhere from $130-200. You can easily find one for $150. That should do you good at 1080p and will blow away all gpus recommend to you on this thread.

Back