• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IWill Slocket II -- where 2 Buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you need that particluar brand of slotket? Most web stores have slotkets, but usually Abit or generic ones. They all work pretty much the same tho.

If possible, yes! I like its feature about the no. of increments that you can set the core voltage ( 31 steps ) and fsb settings. And the reviews about this particular slocket is very good...

I haven't checked out the one from ABit though... do you have a link that I can check this one?

I just yanked out my Abit Slotket, and it's got support for 66, 100, 133 as well as 31 combinations of voltages from 1.5 to 2.5. A lot easier to find than the Iwill also.

I got it, I got the info from the IWill representative.

Computer Direct Outlet
205-979-0181

they have about 50 in stock, when I called in(Tuesday Aug. 21) A bit pricey at $24 a piece but this the last place that carries them new, I think. I also saw 2 listed in ebay(can't provide a link though sorry).

I have an Iwill slocket III i think. Works like a champ. Avoid the abit slocket. My abit board didnt like it.

the iwill slockets have a metal arm that is slightly raised which you might have to mod so your heatsink fits right. the abit one has a plastic arm that sits flush but i still dont like the abit one.

yeah, I would really love to have my hands on that Iwill Slocket. Anyway, What do you think about the one from ASUS? I found one here available locally, saves me from the costly international shipping cost. So far, that's the only branded slotket I can find locally... most are generics....

Except for the weird locking mechanism they work fine. I had dual PIII 700s running at 980 MHz using them. My Iwill Slotket II is easier to insert in the slot 1 retension arms. It's had my PIII 700 running at 994 MHz for well over a year on my Soyo BX board. Both work fine, the Asus is just a little more difficult to get inserted properly. The Asus will work just fine.

I would buy the Iwill slocket if you can. But I'm bias since the ony asus board I ever bought was defective.

I would really love to, but since only ASUS is available here locally, I'm considering it. If I buy the one from Iwill, that will cost me somewhere around $94 ( $70 for shipping and $24 for the slocket )... I'm not willing to spend that much if I can get the one from ASUS, hope it performs well, and not force me to buy the Iwill slocket.... LOL...

Hi LinkStatic,

I wasn't aware, until today, that you were located in Phillipines so if the Asus slocket is available there I suggest buying that. I've had pretty good luck with Asus boards and I've spoken to people who use that brand slocket and have been succesful.

By the way how is P.I. these days? I was born there a long long time ago....

Happy Overclocking!

Back