• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how did you find ocforums?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IRC. I used to play M:tG online on the same network the OCF channel was on. I checked the channel out because it had a lot of people, then found out about the forums.

I came across overclockers.com when trying to learn more about computers, then afterwards joined the forums a few month later.

I found OCF from our frontpage's link to it www.overclockers.com

I joined in 2004 as my thing says...and the frontpage STILL looks like absolute crap....I hate our frontpage, but the articles are great.

I googled "Xeon LV 1.6GHz" It was like the second page of google back in may when I found an article on overclockers.com....then I found the forums.

to be honest i havnt got a clue i think it was maybe google when i first got my pc wet. so glad i found it. learned so much from gr8 peeps.only prob is after being here about 3 weeks. i sold my wc kit and went diy.then got new case..ram..hdd..and many other bits n bobs. and i blame everyone here that ive had contact with..cheers

i was playing halo and complaining about how slow my computer was...someone told me

I had been itching to build a computer that doesn't suck. A old friend of mine refered me to a guy who is now a good friend of mine (who frequents the forums, but I don't think is a member) and I was asking him questions about computers and parts and he refered me here. I saw it and was like, "Ooh la la. Kick ***." I became a memeber.

techun said:
i was playing halo and complaining about how slow my computer was...someone told me

Werd. Best reason EVER.

I can just imagine it..

Techun: "MAN! I keep getting this stutter! All my settings are on low...."

OCer: "Well, what is your GPU?"

Techun: "Erm... I don't have a GPU.... I have a computer..."

OCer: "I mean... what video card is in your computer..."

Techun: "OH! It's called a DVD Drive.... And it accepts disks not cards..."

OCer: "Eerrrmmmm, ok... well... uhh.... ehh... http://www.ocforums.com"

Techun: "KNOWLEDGE PERSONIFIED! Operator! I want to know how to OC like a bat out of hades!"

Operator: "Fo Shnizzle! Loading up 'L337 Computer Knowledge' program

Techun: "I know OC Fu!"

Only question.. is he the one? ;)

me and m3x used to be on pcmech forums. it was pretty helpful but posts took forever to get responses so he found ocforums and then i joined and got a 30day ban.

-1cem4n

1cem4n said:
me and m3x used to be on pcmech forums. it was pretty helpful but posts took forever to get responses so he found ocforums and then i joined and got a 30day ban.

-1cem4n

there ya go..

I was searching for a computer related forum via google, stumbed upon this forum, like the layout of the sections, and liked the quality of the posts / help that people were giving.

a lady friend was on my machine searching for misha barton (from the OC) gossip, and we found this.

This is based partly on a true story.

Back