• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a good dual layer DVD burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

Title says it all :) Price : performace ratio and reliability are my main concerns (i.e. doesn't burn bunk discs half the time).

Thanks!

--Illah

NEC models are popular. I just got an Asus/Pioneer and don't really like it. I had a Lite-on before that and it worked great.

That's right. Few drives are available now. Try to find one. Or you can pick the BenQ 1655 (with Lightscribe support) instead, or wait for the BenQ 1650 to be available at your shop. You can also go for an LG drive (the LG4167). These are really great drives :)

LiteOn Or TDK Or Plextor, Good Luck With Them All! I Have A Plextor And LiteOn Right Now, Love Them Both!

I have had my Liteon dual layer burner for over a year and it pretty much does everything that I need it to. I have burned a few hundred DVD's, and around 100 CDRs with it and its still going strong. It cost me $70 at the time but I'm sure you can find it cheaper now. :cool:

picked up a lite on DVD burner today for ~$50 after rebates. haven't had a chance to burn anythign yet as i just got it put in, but it's diffinatly not an expensive burner.

Benq DW1640 or 1650/1655. in combination with MCC 003 or Taiyo Yuden T02 disks

Check cdfreaks.com forum for more info

Back