• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adak has passed away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
R.I.P. Adak. I'll never forget how he rallied the troops in rosetta@home in response to the stinky feet Pirate Fleet's challenge. We went from a virtually non-existent R@H team to one of the top 10 in worldwide daily production practically overnight. Those were some very fun times.

:salute: Adak's presence on this forum will be missed. R.I.P. Sir.

I am so sorry to hear this!... you were a BIG help, and an inspiration to my love of Folding. It saddens me to hear the news, but your legacy will live on... Thank you your help and your contributions to the team, folding, and research!

:salute:

I was away from this forum for a year, but ADAK was one of the few people I remember. He died Feb 16th but I see a post from Feb 15th -active until the end. He was an awesome member and a great leader to us new guys. He will be missed!

I was away from this forum for a year, but ADAK was one of the few people I remember. He died Feb 16th but I see a post from Feb 15th -active until the end. He was an awesome member and a great leader to us new guys. He will be missed!

Every time I come to the forum, it pops into my head, oh yeah, Adak is gone. I enjoyed his posts and enthusiasm - and yes, I still miss him.

Hate to bring this thread back but i just logged in for the first time in nearly a year and checked my inbox(something i pretty much never did before). i found this Capture.PNG .

I found out he had passed away at the same time i read this. talk about great parting words. Rest in peace Adak

Adak was a good soul and always helpful when one was having issues trying to get F@H to run properly.

He may be gone but he is not forgotten. I guess now is as good a time as any to also reveal that Tanker, Adak's beast of a 4P rig, will be resurrected in the near future.

He may be gone but he is not forgotten. I guess now is as good a time as any to also reveal that Tanker, Adak's beast of a 4P rig, will be resurrected in the near future.

Great to hear Tanker will continue its work inspired by Adak.

He was also the "Secret Santa" we used to do at Xmas. Santa and his secret elves would give gifts of WU's to all the Good members, for those who were not around back then.

I know who he asked to take it over (wink wink) but not sure if there was someone before him who started it , as I never asked. The mods never enforced the rule of more than one account...I Imagine the old accounts are disabled if I could even remember the passwords.

Last edited:
Back