• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking: check your funds on local bitcoin if you have them

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Folks, as always... If your coins aren't in your own wallet, you don't own them.

So glad I haven't been caught up in all this mining BS

What BS might that be? Sounds like someone is browsing crypto related information wishing they had gotten in early. :shrug:

Folks, as always... If your coins aren't in your own wallet, you don't own them.

What BS might that be? Sounds like someone is browsing crypto related information wishing they had gotten in early. :shrug:
As someone who got in, then had to get out, I have to agree with him. You say this but looking back on it, I am sure glad I had to get out before all this hacking/stealing/BS/whatevertheFUcallit that has been going on over the past couple months happen. You can act like it is jealousy for missing out but all this craziness is what is going to cause the downfall of a great idea unless someone gets hold of it.

As someone who got in, then had to get out, I have to agree with him. You say this but looking back on it, I am sure glad I had to get out before all this hacking/stealing/BS/whatevertheFUcallit that has been going on over the past couple months happen. You can act like it is jealousy for missing out but all this craziness is what is going to cause the downfall of a great idea unless someone gets hold of it.

Well as long as your smart about your coins and where you keep them you are fine.

The only time I got caught up in any "BS" is with cryptorush. My BTC is still in there, but they are repaying their debts so in reality, I haven't lost any BTC to hack or shenanigans.

So glad I haven't been caught up in all this mining BS

Is that all you have to contribute? If so, I'm glad you aren't mining too...

+1 to this... Don't trust sites unless you wanna get gox'd. The only time I've seen keeping your wallet locally went wrong was that Ransomware that was making it's rounds...

So glad I yoink my earnings from my wallet frequently so any loss incurred will not be monumental. :)

+1 E_D. I "Cash" out every hundo. Although I let it build a little higher when BTC was down close to $400.

Back