• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

win717

Registered
I have a soyo tek 6vba-133 motherboard and a 566 cel flipchip that i run 850 plus,while i was working a real bad storm passed threw when i got home my puter was froze i restarted it but all it does is come on i hear the fans harddrive floppy but the screen stays black i took the ram out and no post codes,i replaced the the 566 with a 366 a differant vid. card differant ram,nic card soundcard...i'm down to it being the the motherboard or the power supply,i did try to reset the cmo and still nothing,does anyone know how to test the power supply?..and am i missing anything else it could be? and last does anyone know where to buy a soyo tek 6vba-133?

I'd say you use a voltohmeter to see the voltages. Either hot-wire the PSU so it will run without a mobo, or plug it in the motherboard with your components, and turn the system on. You did say that the fans were spinning, so I'm guessing there is power, but check for proper voltages. Normally the 12v line will tell you if the PSU is bad. If you're getting between 11 and 13 volts, you're ok, if something like 10.5 or 11v, than the PSU is bad. (the wires that you have to check are on the connector that you connect to your hard drive or cd rom. one is black wire, the second one is yellow.)

and for no reason try unplugging the PSU from the wall, wait 20 seconds, than try turning the system on.

Hope this helps.

You have takesn the right steps so far...
next, like said above the psu could be the problem (even though it powers fans and your HD)

1- Check the Caps on your motherboard and make sure they have not been fried. Had the same lock up problem before.
The will look like they have popped or larger on the top.

2- Test your computer with a old chip that you have(why hurt the new one) and a new PSU

still dead

Ok I replaced the power supply...still daed i replaced the motherboard still dead,i replaced the chip,vid card,took out the sound,nic card,abd still dead...could something be wrong with my case..?

help...

Yes its fine..the only thing that i haven't replaced is the hard drive,cdrom,and floppy drive

You dont need to change those, just unplug them am boot your PC.
If one of those is short circuting your system you just need to unplug them and see if your PC starts.
If it does start them plug them 1 by 1 until you find the one that is doing that!!!

hmm, if I've read right your saying you've replace almost every component in your system and still no boot?..

That is.. well mind boggeling and very very weird.. do you have a surge protector or not? if so and, you blew it, and are still pluged into it, you might not be getting much juice.

Have you tryed your system on another plug, perferably one on a different circut?.. last but not least are you sure you didnt blow your monitor?

Very confusing!

-Trek

help???

ok... it works now the fist vid card i used was bad and the 2nd one just wasn't fitting in the agp slot right to get it to work i had to push the card in real hard while booting up then it would come on...as soon as i left go of the card it would loose contact and the picture would go black.....it was one of those cheap iomagic cards..i thought it would be ok to test the board with ...back to office max it goes....i'm sorry to boggle everyones mind trying ti fix,,,,but believe your help didn't fall on deaf ears...thanks everyone

Back