• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Server 2012 just makes me mad...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

I've got a client with this stupid thing running essentials with 10 ish users. One of those users is unable to open anything on a shared drive. Every other user can open, and read anything they want/need on this hard drive, except this one guy. He keeps getting a "you do not have permission to do that" error when he tries to open a folder.

I can't see a single difference between him, and any other user. Its really starting to **** me off lol...

I've got a client with this stupid thing running essentials with 10 ish users. One of those users is unable to open anything on a shared drive. Every other user can open, and read anything they want/need on this hard drive, except this one guy. He keeps getting a "you do not have permission to do that" error when he tries to open a folder.

I can't see a single difference between him, and any other user. Its really starting to **** me off lol...

Sounds like this issue isn't the OS, it's the user/group permissions/policy inside the OS, or on the remote machine hosting the drive.

For the record, I really like Server 2012!

just bypassed the whole thing by creating another group called "everyone" and gave everyone ability to read/write the drive.

Back