• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Girlfriends and marriage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, if you are set in marrying here, you can get engaged and just plan the wedding for "some future date." You dont' have to be too solid on it, and if she's understanding that both your current situations are somewhat financially limiting, she'll probably be OK forgoing a ring until you can afford one.

If it's not financially feasible to get married, you should still be able to get engaged, right?

My parents eloped to get married. The wedding cost:
$8 for a dress
$5 for some killer mexican tortialla tacos from a street vendor
$12 for a case of Corona's
+ Airfare... sounds cheap to me. But the divorces was WAY more expensive :(

LOL. Here at a local radio station, theres this show called "The Church Of Lazlo" and its not a real church, its more like a church for music. But anyways, i think they are wanting to apply for being a "real" church. That means then they could marry people. That would be so cool. And the radio station is a good one. It plays like Red Hot Chili Peppers, White Stripes, Offspring. Alternative.

I also just got engaged, so I'm getting to go through the process also. My fiance's family isn't rich by any stretch, so we're planning on paying for the wedding ourselves. We have a goal of spending $1000 - $1500 total.

If you still have a while before the wedding, I suggest you look on ebay of all places for stuff. My fiance found a dress there that she really likes for $140, normally $800 retail. 6 bridesmaids dresses for $100 total. The deals are out there if you have the time/desire to find them.

Back