• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help burning .bin / .cue files plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Ok so files that I legally own, yet have downloaded for backup purposes *ONLY* are in .bin & .cue format, I am reading that you can burn these type of files with Nero 5.518 or later which I have Nero 6 Platinum and it does recognize the files - I just go to Burn Image and select all files, then point to file1.cue and it burns the associated xxxmb .bin file to a cd and finishes, so on and so forth with file2.cue also, however here is the problem.

The data im backing up is in SVCD format I believe and when I put the CD back in my PC after burning, it has these folders but no watchable file or data.

CDI - 0 files
EXT - 2 .vcd files
MPEGAV - 563mb .DAT file (this is what i want to have viewable)
SEGMENT - 0 files
VCD - 4 .vcd files

same for both cds, these are items that I already own and am making legal backups for, that being said - what am i missing.

Could be two things-One you dont have the plugin or software or association to view that format of SVCD-which is video CD. Heres a link http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~joyoung/vcd/Page1.shtml

The second thing is that a .bin file is just an image and the .cue just contains info for burning. Often a cue file may contain incorrect location information when it is to specific to the creation location or the file itself could be corrupted-if this happens you just get a load error. It does seems like you have had a sucessful burn. I would suspect that the image was correctly burned and therefor what you have is either you cannot read that format or you basically got a trash file from somewhere.

right click on the .DAT file in the MPEGAV folder and select open with and use Windows Media Player, it will play :)

Looks like these guys all have you covered, but I just wanted to say: "Holy crap I haven't seen you around forever!" :eek:

Where ya been buddy?

thx for asking my chambers, well ive been here and there, online gaming sadly takes up way to much of my time, between being on a top 3 US CS team, and playing a game called "Shadowbane" mmo I just dont get on boards much - main reason is a good PC.

When I used AMD i just seemed to need lots of help, when I switched to my intel system I no longer have problems with really anything at all, I never crash, heat is no longer a problem and well basically I have not needed PC help for the longest time - I guess thats a good thing

Im working at BestBuy now as a Geek Squad Double Agent - might have seen us on TV or somewhere driving a white and black VW Bug - anyhow im trying to frequent the forums more to pass on what stuff I know and to see some old friends - where is MrB / LucaWicasa ? anyone like that still here? - o and thx i got my SVCD to play on my DVD player with my TV

Back