• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC *** READ THIS FIRST ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope. Pretty much, no aluminum = no antifreeze. What you DO need -and all loops need- is a biocide like PT Nuke or a silver kill coil.

Super guide hokiealumnus thanks for taking the time to write it was very useful to know the true dealings with what you have to do to maintain a W/C loop. :thup:

how many rads do i need

i want to make a new gaming rig and i'm planning to watercool my cpu and my 2 gtx 670's. I'm planning to use 1 360 rad. My question is that en off and does it make a diffrent when im using fan with more rpm?

Static pressure is an important spec when talking about fans in a situation where their airflow is restricted (radiators and heatsinks). It's not all about the RPMs, because some lower RPM, high static pressure fan could perform better fan a higher RPM, low static pressure fan in these situations. Whether you need high RPM/static pressure will depend on the fin density of the radiator, meaning if it's more dense (more restrictive) you'll want higher RPM/static pressure.

do you think the cooler master cosmos 2 will be a good case?
do you have other suggestions for a good case for watercooling?

You really should start your own thread for questions. This is a beginners guide and we should keep it focused on that. If you have a question about the guide and need clarification then by all means ask away, otherwise you'd be better served by searching our forums for builds with that particular case or by starting a parts/build thread.

Can anyone please explain what is wrong with this loop (waterflow direction? airflow direction? both?)
loop1.png

Can anyone please explain what is wrong with this loop (waterflow direction? airflow direction? both?)
loop1.png

nothing wrong with flow, thats fine, but I am a little confused why the pump rez combo is at the bottom? surely it would be in the bays at the front of the case? Also assuming that the rad is going to be at the top of the case you will want the fans at the bottom blowing the air out of the case. Or if you defo want them on the top have them pulling

maintenance/changing components/disassemble how?

yohh folkz...

if i had installed cooling on my pc....then 1 of my components broke what should i do first?
if 1 wrong move then my board would be a wash out right?....
how to disassemble the cooling if i somewhat change components on my board
:confused:

feel free to inbox me on my email [email protected]

newbie ^^
planning to install water cool pc in the future

Which Swiftech kits are you looking at?

They currently have the Elite, the Edge, and the Ultima HD water cooling kits on their site. They also have the new Swiftech 220 All In One.

If you get the 220 All In One, I think their documentation states one year without having to fill or anything, but they said thats on the safe side, and you could probably get by for 3 years without having issues. If you watch temps however, you will know when it needs a refill.

Back