• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 OC advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

I have a Evga 128mb AGP 6800 and Im playing witht he over clock in Riva Tuner2...Unfortunatly I had broken pipes so I couldn't unlock them but I got the extra shader. My question is I can push the clock rate to about 370mhz anything higher than that and it becomes unstable and I get lockups and stuttering. The memory Im able to push up to about 860 no problems. Whats keeping me from going higher than 370mhz? is OC mostly affected by heat? Im still on stock cooler but did change everything over to AS5. I;ve heard of alot of peope going higher than 370mhz witht his card, any advice on how to acheive maximum performance is welcome.

Could be 370mhz is the top for your GPU. Every one will OC differently.

Try leaving the RivaTuner hardware monitor during tests & watch the temps.

blueswitch said:
I have a Evga 128mb AGP 6800 and Im playing witht he over clock in Riva Tuner2...Unfortunatly I had broken pipes so I couldn't unlock them but I got the extra shader. My question is I can push the clock rate to about 370mhz anything higher than that and it becomes unstable and I get lockups and stuttering. The memory Im able to push up to about 860 no problems. Whats keeping me from going higher than 370mhz? is OC mostly affected by heat? Im still on stock cooler but did change everything over to AS5. I;ve heard of alot of peope going higher than 370mhz witht his card, any advice on how to acheive maximum performance is welcome.
lol I have the same card and same OC; not to mention my extra pipelines are busted too and just use the extra shader (12/6) :)

EDIT: I did notice with this card and a high OC that the temps get pretty hot. So maybe a NV5 silencer might allow us to clock higher on the core.

Back