• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OCdragon said:
Provided you have ATI CCC installed (mine is V5.4), go to "3D", then "API Setting", on "OpenGL" and select "trible buffering"! As you can see it is for running games in OpenGL only. As for myself I have not tried it yet because I am running BF2 (Demo version) perfectly stable in all respects despite I am only having 512MB RAMs. However I am going to upgrade mine to 1GB next Monday and should be interesting!! :rolleyes:

well bf2 isn't an opengl game so that triple buffering option doesn't help you here, what you do is open ATI Tray Tools , make a game profile for bf2, then go to Additional > Force Direct3D Parameters > Force to use triple buffers.

just wondering, does anybody understand what ping is? is it like the latency in a game or something?

stereo555 said:
Turn off vsync too , that will help in over all fps ! :)

Do you know where I might do that? I don't think it's an in-game option. Oh, also, when you load and verify client data, you are given the option to check "Auto Ready On." I did that and noticed nothing different. What does this do?

Also you can unzip the files in your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

folder common clients and object clients..unzip them where they are..should help load times...

timtooAMD said:
just wondering, does anybody understand what ping is? is it like the latency in a game or something?

ping is the time it takes a signal to reach another ip on the net....

so yes...latency...lower is always better..

Here's my new issue.

After finishing a game, or just leaving a game, when I get back to the server list in the multiplayer tab all the servers are gone. If I start the game and hit "Update Server List," all the servers go away.

I have to restart the game and then pick the server I want to join. I've opened all the ports, have only BF2 running, and this just started a few days ago with absolutely no changes to my computer or network.....

Anyone else getting this or know the cause? I figure it's a "wait until the next patch" thing.

I'm having a problem with this game. I load up my multiplayer account and it goes to "retreiving account" or something like that and my systems just run an infinite loop and nothing loads. I have to ctrl+alt+del out and that only works sometimes. Also during multiplayer and single player the game will randomly freeze. My system is in my sig and it has all updates and vid drivers. I also tried it on my dell i9300 laptop and the same things happen only my dell has the 77.24 drivers becuase for some reason the geforce go 6800 won't work with the supplied nor nvidia drivers says something like can't find drivers to update...stupid dell.

When do you get your 1st weapons upgrade. I've only played on ranked servers a few times... how many points do you need?

Cheers

Slack said:
When do you get your 1st weapons upgrade. I've only played on ranked servers a few times... how many points do you need?

Cheers

1000 points which gets you to Lance Corporal also .

Cheers... only 700 more to go :(

At least there are loads more ranked servers now... and I have my new PC installed and running.

Is there a site anywhere that details how you win medals? I have only got 2 so far and didn't know I had them at first.

Cheers

Im having similar difficulties Spec_Ops2087 is having.. Everytime i go to load my Online account the game sits forever at the loading point for my account.. So the only way i get to play online is if i create an entirely new account each time i play.. Even the retriving account thing loads forever.. with no stop (i let it go for 1/2hr so far.. still doesnt load). Im using the computer in my sig.. and my version is the 1.1.2xxxxx patch (can't remember the rest of the numbers.)

thanks
- Feuer Frei

Last edited:
ok can anybody tell my why my computer runs this dog slow at times? i am using the rig in the sig, and i have it all at medium settings, and at 1280x960, and i am at a complete loss why it keeps running it at 35-40 sometimes even dipping to 25. realy frustrating, since i dumped so much money in this comp just to play this game and a few others, any ideas what i am doing wrong? sjaak says i need more ram, but that realy wouldnt add more frames would it?

I can say this with certainty. 2 gig of ram Helped me BIG time. Im running Whats in my cig, except i have a X800XL Now and Im Getting 85fps almost constant. The Omega drivers im running For some reason Dont really Turn off Vsync so at 85hz on the monitor Im Getting constant 85 in game. With regular ATI drivers, I was getting Over 100fps With everything set to high except Dynamic shadows and dynamic Lighting. TURN THOSE TO LOW OR OFF IN GAME. It will help alot and wont See any difference in game Quality.

BTW, The Omega drivers Vidio quality is almost 50% Richer than the Ati drivers. Bar none!

Harry

shard said:
i am using the rig in the sig, and i have it all at medium settings, and at 1280x960, and i am at a complete loss why it keeps running it at 35-40 sometimes even dipping to 25.

I am running BF2 demo at 1280x1024 with 2xAA,medium settings all round EXCEPT the Texture and Gemotry, which are set to high and all Dynamic Setting OFF, with an ATI 9800 XT 5.4 CCC drivers, AMD 2800+ & 1GB RAMs. I have never experienced any "crashes" or "slow downs" in such game! The memory usages, when I ALT-TAB to desktop, was around 850MB. I do'nt know about yours though!!
Could you also tell me HOW do you set BF2 to display the Frame Rates at all?? :rolleyes:
Thanks

Back