• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a real GT or is a 'Egg typo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its not a typo...Its half the price for half the preformance for half the memory. If you cant find it on XFX its because your not looking in right places

Rozal said:
Its not a typo...Its half the price for half the preformance for half the memory. If you cant find it on XFX its because your not looking in right places

Half the memory does not equal half the performance. Actually that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Cant and will not. 6800 series it is for me. I have been waiting since they came out. Just dont know which one. I would want that GT if you guys say its good.

Just get a cheaper LE. They have a great unlocking track record and are very cheap. That "GT" definately isn't just a 128mb version of a real GT. It is just a regular vanilla flavored 6800.

Save up for a 6800GT 256mb. Thats what I am doing. the 6800 and the 6800GT's are a difference. With the 6800GT 256mb you can overclock to ultra speeds easy so really you'll have a $400 card for only $275? THe memory and clock speeds of the 6800 are a big difference away.

EDIT: Over at fatwallet they seem to believe it's a 6800 with all 16 pipelines enabled (400 core). Other than that I really have no idea.

Last edited:
Also, notice that the memory speed is a lot lower (and it won't overclock to normal, it's not GDDR3).

How is the unlocking record for the Evga 6800's?

That link from the first post is definitely a 6800 NU. All you have to do is look at the memory clock. 700mhz mem = 6800 NU. If it were 900 or 1000mhz mem then it could be a 6600gt or a 6800gt.

There will be a price drop really soon for the 6800 gt's and ultra, so I reccomend you wait for those to take place this month.

Back