• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Water Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi EarthDog, Yes I have the green & black wires shorted together on the power connector which gives me full volts to the pump & it is running all-out. The problem here is that it seems there is so much turbulence in the reservoir that it is creating bubbles. I was thinking about putting the rest of the components in so I could boot to bios & turn the pump down to see if that would help. What do you think?

If that problem persists they have disrupters you can drop in the res to help eleviate that. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...Reservoirs-Reservoir_Calming_Coils-Page1.html

Funny that it's a bay res, when I read it it's the first thing I though of. I had the same issue with my Koolance RP-452X2, it took a long time maybe 2 days before all the bubbles came out.

Funny that it's a bay res, when I read it it's the first thing I though of. I had the same issue with my Koolance RP-452X2, it took a long time maybe 2 days before all the bubbles came out.
Thanks Mandrake, I'm putting some temporary parts in it right now so I can boot up & regulate the pump. I've read some posts that said if you turn down the pump it give the bubbles a chance to go to the surface. Worth a try!
Dan

Thanks Mandrake, I'm putting some temporary parts in it right now so I can boot up & regulate the pump. I've read some posts that said if you turn down the pump it give the bubbles a chance to go to the surface. Worth a try!
Dan
That sounds like a viable option, I know with mine running at 70% the pumps just kept sucking in the air and pushing it back into the system.

That sounds like a viable option, I know with mine running at 70% the pumps just kept sucking in the air and pushing it back into the system.
Thanks, that sounds like what mine is doing. The output tube from the pump looks like it is full of little tiny bubbles & then when they come out of the radiator they are lesser & bigger.

I got the rig up & running. I was able to get the pump down to about 1800rpms with bios settings & let it run all night. The results was real good this morning. (no bubbles) We had a little cool down last night. It got down to about 50F, so I decided to have a quick prime run this morning to see how the loop was doing. I am really happy with the way it works. The prime run was about 55min. Does this look to be ok?
Dan

Attachments

• DSCF0085.JPG
    DSCF0085.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 44
  • hwm.PNG
    hwm.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 39
  • cpuz.PNG
    cpuz.PNG
    30.6 KB · Views: 39
That looks great Dan, I assume you took that pic of HWMonitor while under load?
If so the temps are awsome.

That looks great Dan, I assume you took that pic of HWMonitor while under load?
If so the temps are awsome.
Hi Johan, Yes the ss was right before I stopped the test. This really came out much better than I thought it would.
A quick question, I am using distilled water, have a silver kill coil in the res., & used pt-nuke (the one for distilled water) is this a good combination?
Tanks Dan

I'm not sure Dan, usually you would use one or the other. I can't imagine any ill effects from using both.

So you gonna crank that puppy up now??

Those temps are amazing Dan!
Can't wait to get my setup finished now!

I'm not sure Dan, usually you would use one or the other. I can't imagine any ill effects from using both.

So you gonna crank that puppy up now??
Well first I have to finish the build. The ram in there is from my evo rig & I'm going to get some new gskill 1866 for this one. I'm also looking at a new graphics card. This one is also from the evo.
But I won't be able to keep my hands off the multiplier & fsb setting in the mean time.:D

Hi Johan, Yes the ss was right before I stopped the test. This really came out much better than I thought it would.
A quick question, I am using distilled water, have a silver kill coil in the res., & used pt-nuke (the one for distilled water) is this a good combination?
Tanks Dan
Yes Dan you can use both. Congrats on the build finally being finished and I concur those temps look good. A lot better then Air :)

I would have to say that the results you have gotten are super good. Proper plannig most often produces proper results and it surely seems you got proper results for your efforts. Congratulations PPD.
RGone...ster.

I got the rig up & running. I was able to get the pump down to about 1800rpms with bios settings & let it run all night. The results was real good this morning. (no bubbles) We had a little cool down last night. It got down to about 50F, so I decided to have a quick prime run this morning to see how the loop was doing. I am really happy with the way it works. The prime run was about 55min. Does this look to be ok?
Dan

I would have to say that the results you have gotten are super good. Proper plannig most often produces proper results and it surely seems you got proper results for your efforts. Congratulations PPD.
RGone...ster.
Thanks RGone, It is all coming together nicely with many thanks to all you guys!
Dan

Back