• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bigger/better than XL R2??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
My ever evolving and expanding main rig is having growing pains. I have had the 4930k and 2 x 290x for a while, but have decided to add my other 290x in too. I am having trouble expanding my water cooling to handle everything in this fractal design xl R2.. Are there any cases that can contain enough radiators without going to a mountain mods build?

I have 3 2x120s, a 2x180, and a 3x120 for radiators but I can get more if needed.

My ever evolving and expanding main rig is having growing pains. I have had the 4930k and 2 x 290x for a while, but have decided to add my other 290x in too. I am having trouble expanding my water cooling to handle everything in this fractal design xl R2.. Are there any cases that can contain enough radiators without going to a mountain mods build?

I have 3 2x120s, a 2x180, and a 3x120 for radiators but I can get more if needed.

Check out this case :), i think that this case is some what better than the 900d too

My ever evolving and expanding main rig is having growing pains. I have had the 4930k and 2 x 290x for a while, but have decided to add my other 290x in too. I am having trouble expanding my water cooling to handle everything in this fractal design xl R2.. Are there any cases that can contain enough radiators without going to a mountain mods build
Funny xsuperbgx, as I was reading I was thinking Mountain Mods until I came to the end.

As far as the rads go is this just a list of the rads you have or what you're planning on using?

The Enthoo Primo is an amazing case but it wont fit all of those rads, and since you don't wanna go to a mountain mods case the other options i see are caselabs and the CM Stacker 945.

I don't have to use all of those, that is the list of radiators that I have unused. I think I am going to assemble with 2 of the 240s and the 2x180 radiator and I will see if temps will be OK. It is going to be pretty ugly getting it into the case, but I think I can work it out. Whether that will be sufficient after running warm air through the 2x180, I will have to hope. I have it mounted inside the case where air coming through another radiator is then pushed through this one. I am unsure how much that effects the cooling, but it looks like I am going to find out. I will have to look at all of the cases, even the mountain mods.

It is pretty funny though, when I bought and received this case, I remember thinking that it was overkill and I would never need anything else.

I would think 4*120 + 2*180 worth of rads should be enough, obviously depending on what you're doing with it.

It is pretty funny though, when I bought and received this case, I remember thinking that it was overkill and I would never need anything else.
I felt the same way about my Silverstone Temjin TJ07 now I have the Mountain Mods in my sig. Hopefully this is enough. :)

Mining would be the max load. I think I have the routing and mounting worked out. I have to get a few 90 fittings to get it to work. Not much room to get anything else in and I have to build something for hard drive mounting.

Uh-oh..... I just saw that mountain mods accepts bitcoin......

Look at CaseLabs, they've got some impressive desktop WC setups.

Back