• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bounties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
You can earn some crypto in ways besides mining.
Here is a quick and easy way.
A bounty (from Latin bonitās, goodness) is a payment or reward often offered by a group as an incentive for the accomplishment of a task by someone usually not associated with the group. Bounties are most commonly issued for the capture or retrieval of a person or object.

(a personal request for help, with a reward offered)

Post bounties in this thread. i am unsure of how this would work as far as selling outside the classies, so it is probably better to make a services or wanted ad in the classifieds, then link here. Also, other links from outside forums would be ok too.

And when someone doesn't pay, what do I do when I get THAT PM? Essentially if ocf okays it, then we end up having to support it. Inevitably.

I don't know what the solution would be, for sure. Other than there should be some level of trust and agreement between parties, before you do any work.

I know the mods usually have to deal with intra-forum issues, but in this case I feel like any work done between a party is more of an outside deal. Honestly, I don't think it should fall on the mods. If anything, a real contract could be written up before any work is done and the police can be contacted if one of the parties flakes.

Last edited:
I know the mods usually have to deal with intra-forum issues, but in this case I feel like any work done between a party is more of an outside deal. Honestly, I don't think it should fall on the mods. If anything, a real contract could be written up before any work is done and the police can be contacted if one of the parties flakes.

I'm not saying I don't agree, and it would be ideal. But at some point I fear it is inevitable.

One of the concerns I have is that payment for such activities are 'against the spirit of the forums'. Forums, at their heart, are essentially here for 'free' help.

I think this would only work if the person offering a service posts in the classy's FIRST. Like, hey, I offer sleeving services for BTC only type of thread. Same thing with those in need of a service, post the request in wanted with your payment method. I personally see it as no different than that.

Writing a 'real contract' up seems like a lot of effort for....... well depends on what the request is for, but the fact that one has to even consider that speaks volumes to me of the viability of this outside of making clear threads for offering services and requesting services in the appropriate section.

I think this would only work if the person offering a service posts in the classy's FIRST. Like, hey, I offer sleeving services for BTC only type of thread. Same thing with those in need of a service, post the request in wanted with your payment method. I personally see it as no different than that.

+1 This seems like the best option. Going this route shouldn't break any rules and it gives everyone a chance to read the request and offer to help.

That way people who don't read the crypto sub-forum can offer to help :)

Do understand that any mention of a 'bounty' or this type of exchange outside of the classifieds is against the rules. Remember a forum exists for volunteers to congregate, discuss like topics for free. This specifically goes against that mantra.

A complete disconnect from this (Crypto) section is, in my opinion, the appropriate way to handle this request. In that, you start a thread offerings services for BTC or for a need to pay in BTC in the Classifieds only.

This way, you can have exactly what you want, and it falls in line with the rules, but especially the "spirit" of forums in general.

Is that clear as mudd? hehe! LMK if you have any questions.

Back