• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED [ASUS Z97 Pro] - HD front panel audio header problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GearingMass

I'm trying to finish up my build, but the front panel HD audio header refuses to go into its slot on the motherboard. It'll go in 3/4 the way, and then it won't budge the last little bit - the motherboard starts flexing quite a bit.
I'm positive its in the right way, and that its the correct port.
Is there a trick to help jiggle these guys in, or should I not risk breaking the MB over front audio ports? :-/

I would check the pins with good glasses and check that the header holes are OK with a straight pin to make sure they are not clogged with debris or plastic from the molding process. I have never had any problems with headers except when the holes don't line up so I am not sure there are any tricks. It might even be ok being plugged in that far as long as it's tight and works, just don't try and force it.

My bad, didn't see it was solved.

Last edited:
"You can't fix anything without a hammer*."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My boss.

*Do not use a hammer.

Back