• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So be honest, how bad is that Kabini Quad-Core?

I answered my own question. Useless Socket type, and only 2 GHz. But it is a Quad-Core at 25W, so that's something...

So be honest, how bad is that Kabini Quad-Core?

I answered my own question. Useless Socket type, and only 2 GHz. But it is a Quad-Core at 25W, so that's something...

I'd let you know...if it worked.

Was going to use one in a basic home file server plus whatever use I find for it in the near future. Put everything together, didn't post, Gigabyte is pointing at a possible defective CPU.

But you answered your question again. It's designed to be cheap (motherboards run in the $30-$40 range) and low powered (25w TDP). It's targeted at those who want a cheap, low powered system but need a bit more power than your standard Atom.

How does the samsung pro series compare to the evo series? I assume its better but probably not worth it?

I have a 500GB EVO and a 256GB PRO.
For the money, grab the EVO. The PRO is faster, but only marginally, and reliability isn't an issue on either.

Probably trying to clear inventory since they just released a new model.

Also there's really no good reason to buy intel SSDs. Their performance is on the lower end while their price is closer to segment leaders.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/529?vs=1221

Intel is consistently the most reliable drive, with Samsung as their only competition.

Samsung is more recently reliable, where Intel has been since the first SSD they released.

Back