• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for current Koolance users only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stoneyman

Registered
Got a question for you Koolance users out there. Do you guys mix your water blocks with other brands like swiftech and dangerden parts in your cooling loop? Also what if any, type of coolant do you use?

My dilemia is i have a swiftech mcw-6000 a64 copper cpu wb, and bought the koolance NV2-Lo6 video card coolers for my 6800gt's due to the nice low profile and they cover ram chips, for my Sli rig
(danger den was not an option at the time of purchase, as NV-68 is not capatible with the DFI nf4-ultra-d mobo in an Sli configuration)
Also have some Koolance hard drive coolers that i'd like to use.

I would also like to know if you guys that mix parts have had problems with corrosion?

The problem with mixing parts is obviously the size of the hose and small pump thats provided my Koolance. The best approach I have done is to have separte loops, I have the Koolance gear cooling the non essntial staff, chipset, harddrives and in the past I had this same loop hooked up to my GPU. I have a dedicated loop for the CPU with 1/2 inch tubing. I think its a bad ideal to mix Koolance blocks and others, just for those reasons...........see my sig

Yep, like he said. Whether your using the Koolance case or the Exos, the parts are the same. You need to use the 8 mm (1/4 ID) tubing with these systems to maintain efficiency. Build you a separate loop for the larger components.

Koolance gives their blocks a gold coating to avoid the corrosion issue. The rads in those units are pure aluminum and could cause problems when used with other blocks. Shouldn't be much of a problem anyways. The Koolance blocks actually perform very well and are specifically designed to work with their systems. Just use Koolance wb's and you'll be fine.

I would say yes. I don't have one to test but the hoses and fittings are larger, pump bigger and better fans. Sports a bigger price tag as well.

The EXOS2 does cool better than the original but is very expensive right now. I had an EXOS Al for several months and it worked great for me. You just have to understand that it won't give you DIY performance. The EXOS2 will give you closer to DIY system performance but at a steep price. For the $300 you spend on it you can build yourself a very nice wc rig.

Back