• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400+ P4's At Our Disposal!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Current Progress:

jcw122 said:
Latest News!

The SysAdmin has put F@H on ~5-8 computers, and that's all the network can handle for now. We have a very poor internet connection, that's already bogged down 24/7.

So that's like....5-8 P4's at our disposal :D

They will be adding to T32 in a week or so when I config them.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hey everyone,

I talked to my guidance councellor today about starting up F@H for school, just to see what she would think, and who I should talk to about it. SHE WAS THRILLED :)

She told me to make up a good paper/presentation on it and make an appointment with the Principal sometime to propose it. My guidance councellor is also a cancer-surviver, so me telling her about F@H got her excited, which made me excited too! So next week I'll be making an appointment with my Principal as well as making up a presentation for her. SO EXCITED!

Long story short: My school has over 400 computers, nearly all of them with P4's and also very many with HT!!!:attn:

Last edited:
jcw122 said:
Hey everyone,

I talked to my guidance councellor today about starting up F@H for school, just to see what she would think, and who I should talk to about it. SHE WAS THRILLED :)

She told me to make up a good paper/presentation on it and make an appointment with the Principal sometime to propose it. My guidance councellor is also a cancer-surviver, so me telling her about F@H got her excited, which made me excited too! So next week I'll be making an appointment with my Principal as well as making up a presentation for her. SO EXCITED!

Long story short: My school has over 400 computers, nearly all of them with P4's and also very many with HT!!!:attn:

That is awsome! Good luck to you! I had similar luck, but due to bandwidth concerns or something they only let me use some. Hey, but still some are better than none. :D

Shaawheeet! :attn: (cause WII isn't here) :D

Good Luck with your presentation jcw! :thup:

:thup: jcw !!!

I hope this pitch to the boss goes well :)

That would be a nice borg for you, the team and folding :D

I just made a post yesterday in "were getting our asses handed to us"

Saying that we needed another 400 active CPU's to make a run at #1.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Good job man you may just have saved team 32. You pull this off and I will refer to you as my Hero.

Also you may want to start with 50 and see if you can get it to go down without a hitch. Hate to see all 400 go down because of a glitch and loose the whole borg.

Reading this has given me the idea of trying to convince my principal to let me do the same (he lives 3 houses down from me, iv known him forever). That would get us another 500 or so P4 2.8's, but there not all on at once.. Maybe a few hours a day...

/off topic, ish - If windows is in the login screen, are processes still running? Because there on for the whole school day, but at the login screen.

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
/off topic, ish - If windows is in the login screen, are processes still running? Because there on for the whole school day, but at the login screen.
I believe so, yes.

Good luck jcw122!

Very sweet! =D Keep us up to date!

And, electroramd, I could swear that services like f@h dont start until login. I could be wrong, dunno. Dont use Windows right now anyways *shrugs*

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:

If you install the console version as a service, it should happily be folding even at the logon screen, if I remember right.

And good luck with your presentation, jcw122. That would supply a sizeable increase for the team and also youself, if the principal allows it under your folding name.

Midnight Dream said:
And, electroramd, I could swear that services like f@h dont start until login. I could be wrong, dunno. Dont use Windows right now anyways *shrugs*

The Ultimate FAH Install Guide said:
Let's say you were brilliant enough to install FAH as a service so it runs 24/7 even when the computer is logged off...

wow! that will be awesome!! good luck dude!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back