• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everquest2 - Free to Play

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Quote from the membership levels:
"Free members get a handful of races, classes, character slots and other utilities, while Silver members ($5.00 or 500 Station Points per month) get ... well, a handful more. These two tiers also have the option to purchase some items (like races and classes) piecemeal. Gold members ($14.99/mo.) get unrestricted access to everything."

I tried EQ2 for five minutes a few years ago, seemed kind of slow.

Anyone know if this is worth wasting 13GB of HDD space? :shrug::shrug:

If you wanna play everquest, you should play the first one. The second one is a weird amalgamation of eq1, vanguard, and wow.

I've never liked the second one.

EQ2 was ok, I picked up 2 coppies of it a few years ago and never renewed my subscriptions. EQOA was the best of the 3 IMO. For the F2P server though its only worth it if you play it for free, if you start spending money on it your better off with a paid subscription.

Never tried any of the EQ series. I guess I could go back to EQ1 and try that, GFX make me cringe though :p

Mem EQ1 wasnt that great IMO, the control schema isnt that fluid, its old and tired. Unlike offline RPGs you wont miss much going directly to EQ2.

Played EQ2 for a year after it came out. It was ok, though I did try the free-to-play recently and it wasn't all that wonderful.

LOTR is better in the F2P category by a long shot, unless your in the EQ2 lore more.

I played the eq2 free to play a while back and was not impressed. It was way too limiting and all but forces you to p2p after you really get into it. If I recall right I couldn't even use the auction house fully and couldn't level my spells and skills to the higher levels which made fighting difficult later.

All the f2p games force you to pay at one point or another. How are they to support the game with no income coming in?

I was thinking they could run advertisements and billboards on behalf of the adult entertainment industry

If you are a prior sub, all you classes/race etc are grandfathered. You are also grandfathered Silver.

Is anyone playing this now? I'd be interested to get an opinion on the Beastlord class as well as flying mounts. I tried loading the game yesterday, but it seemed really choppy. Maybe my ATI cards are the culprit.

Back