• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So what happened to the fatal1ty killer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am sure it will help, just not sure how much. My guess is a couple of C.

Honestly, its worth trying (report back!!!) as it is a lot cheaper to replace a heatsink in the middle of your board than it is to buy a new one. :)

I am sure it will help, just not sure how much. My guess is a couple of C.

Honestly, its worth trying (report back!!!) as it is a lot cheaper to replace a heatsink in the middle of your board than it is to buy a new one. :)

Ok then I will!!

So can you recommend a heatsink that will work? Or should I start a new thread asking about AMD Northbridge heatsinks because I can't find any that look like they'll work :shrug:

I've ordered this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233021

But the screws are centered on it and not offset like on Killer mobo. Plus it says its for Intel platform

Nice results!

Doner is looking to take down his SOCKET temps with a new NB cooler though. Do you recall what that did to your socket?

Ok then I will!!

So can you recommend a heatsink that will work? Or should I start a new thread asking about AMD Northbridge heatsinks because I can't find any that look like they'll work :shrug:

I've ordered this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233021

But the screws are centered on it and not offset like on Killer mobo. Plus it says its for Intel platform
no clue... I haven't owned an AMD in several years, but played with a few, recently in fact. Have you tried putting a fan blowing on the back of the socket?

(this discussion is best in your own thread as it is out of scope of this one regardless if it is the same board... :)

no clue... I haven't owned an AMD in several years, but played with a few, recently in fact. Have you tried putting a fan blowing on the back of the socket?

(this discussion is best in your own thread as it is out of scope of this one regardless if it is the same board... :)

I do have a 50mm on back of socket and will start a new thread.

Sorry for hijacking another thread of yours bob!

The point, Doner's point, was SOCKET temps when changing the NB cooler. I do not use that program as it is TMI to me, as well as not knowing what values are what in the first place. So if these pictures contain the socket temps before and after, it is helpful to Doner. :)

I started a new thread if you'd like to take this there.

I don't see a LOADED socket temp Blaylok (prior to heatsink change). I see the TMPIN0 is 56C after the change under load, but where is the LOADED screen shot PRIOR to heatsink change? I see the idle @ 37C.

I WISH I could get a 3 degree delta from core to socket. I'm at a 28 degree delta.

Edit: And whats the air can trick? Blow on the heatsink with an air can because its cold and see what happens?

Last edited:
Back