• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quietest 140mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh yeah and these arctic fans might not work for horizontal mounting. i think i hear clicking from the bottom fan i have pointing up. might have to get a noctua or something.
EDIT: or not...lol. i took the front panel off and aimed the mounted fans upward turned up to full speed. no weird noises. only when mounted to the main body of the case. i'll reserve judgement until i have all of them on silicone gaskets and mounted with zip ties. time for me to stfu until i've tried everything. my bad.

Last edited:
^^ This. I have done reviews on Noctua 140mm fans, and those are truly excellent --- NFP14's, NF-A14's and NF-A15's. But for nearly as good and inexpensive, the TY series is it.

I use 2x NF-A15's on my heatsink, but I have a TY-140 as a case intake. And, as a bonus, the TY fans are PWM. I have three in total, which I paid for. Definite home runs.

^^^This. I have A14, A15 and P14 in my case and they sound good.

Sure, you move air, the moving air will make noise. But some fans make more noise than others, in particular from the motors. The Noctua sound pleasant while moving a lot of air.

My Ty-140 would whine after some use so I replaced them with Noctua.

Back