• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still have AM3+ EK water block which after little mods should fit fine on AM4 :) Was good for FX8120/8320 so for anything new will be good too ;)

I still have AM3+ EK water block which after little mods should fit fine on AM4 :) Was good for FX8120/8320 so for anything new will be good too ;)

EK send the AM4 mounting kit as a free upgrade for existing customers I believe. Have to find the link somewhere, lol!

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 6 Core, 12 Thread Processor Evaluated at 3.7 GHz – Single and Multi-Threaded Performance Revealed

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-cpu-benchmark-leak/

Idle: 0.374v (CRAZYYYY)

I believe the only thing missing is higher frequency DDR4, as I heard they can only clock to 2133 or 2400Mhz max.

Is it possible to increase Memory frequency compatibility as the AM4 platform ages? Or are they stuck to this until a new CPU revision (Ryzen 2.0 or something...) ?

But still the R5 1600X is a $260 6C/12T CPU pretty much equaling an $1,100 8T/16C CPU. So that is pretty amazing to me at least. Of course, that's whenever AMD decides to actually release it.

But still the R5 1600X is a $260 6C/12T CPU pretty much equaling an $1,100 8T/16C CPU. So that is pretty amazing to me at least. Of course, that's whenever AMD decides to actually release it.
Agreed but I wouldn't call the results crushing, not taking price into the factor. That said if these chips are as good as all the hype it's exciting news to me. I can't wait to get my hands on one or two.

Wont take much for intel to price the 6850K right there with it, remember they already sold them in that price point for retail edge and continued to make money off them.

cpuz4544944.png

I am personally super curious of the clockspeed they actually ran at I assume it was under XFR so no one will be able to guess that they hit could be anything from 4-5ghz with the way the hype train is going, if it is at a similar clockspeed to my 6850K I am impressed especially at the 6.6x speed from single to multithreaded, if it is closer to 5ghz well AMD still has a lot of ground to make up with single core IPC.

Back