• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's what I'm talking about. Just to the right of the battery you can barely make out the CLRCMOS jumper underneath the shadow of my Hyper 212.

PS, I didn't realise my HD 7850 was that dirty. Time to clean it up. :p

Last edited:
Here's what I'm talking about. Just to the right of the battery you can barely make out the CLRCMOS jumper underneath the shadow of my Hyper 212.

That is a bizarre and horrendous location.
That location does not have the Extreme Overclocking approval. NickShih would be annoyed, I expect.

But there's the button on the back of the mobo. You don't even have to open up the case to reset it.

In fairness, this thing is likely not supposed to be on a test bench anyway. Now if that was on the Asroxk Z97 OC......different story.

Yeah, clearly not built for LN2, that battery would be frozen within 15 minutes just like the H55-ITX boards.

I am so glad I am part of these forums. :D

I would have never known that. Not like it will ever effect me or the majority of people who buy from Newegg, but still nice to know.

Say, what exactly happens when you freeze the CMOS battery anyway?

I don't remember exactly. If I recall correctly if it gets cold enough the chemical reaction stops it doesn't produce enough voltage to hold BIOS settings.
Has to get pretty cold though.
Mostly it's awkward to insulate against water/ice.

It's nothing I'd complain about in a review unless the board was aimed at LN2 though.

Well I finally "turned down" a review.
Just recently reviewed the Buffalo WZR-1750DHPD which was very disappointing due to horrendous wireless performance.

New invitation came earlier this week (almost 2 weeks after submitting that one), this time for a Netgear R6250. At this point I'm getting kinda tired of doing router reviews (having done 4 or 5 now), and besides, "send me something else" kicked in. So I declined it, citing "letting other people review routers so I'm not hogging all the review samples". ;)

I'll update once they send me another invite...hopefully it's something else.

The CLR CMOS jumper pins are in a nearly identical location on my Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R. Luckily I've only ever had to reset it maybe 3-4 times in the three years I've been running it.

Just got another invite:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704197

A powerline adapter/wifi extender... I'm not sure which way it works. Does it connect to the wireless router via cable, then powerline it to the range extender? Does it connect to the wifi wirelessly and then adapt to a powerline? I don't know what I'm looking at. :shrug: Anyway, I don't think I can give this thing a proper review. My wireless router works for my entire house by itself, and the only thing I could think of trying it for is to reach from my cousin's house to his detached garage, which didn't work with just a powerline adapter... but I'm not sure if this would even work.

I'll do a little reading up on it to see exactly how it hooks up and if I maybe can use it that way, and maybe then I can give it a decent review.

EDIT: Ok, hooks up like a powerline adapter and then the receiving end acts like a wireless repeater. I really don't think I have a way to properly test this. I think I'm going to decline.

Last edited:
im a little confused over that because you only need one module for a repeater (I used to have a linksys one)
does it do both?

or maybe uses the house electrical to receive the internet signal then acts as its own wi-fi router?

It's a powerline to the wifi repeater. Then you can use it as a hardwire powerline or connect to your wifi through the repeater.

Finally after a two week delay and 8 day shipping my new laptop arrived today!

HP Envy jt100 Quad Core Edition, Core i7 4700MQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 25GB SSD, dual band wifi.

Attachments

• DSCF0910_zps6b448921.jpg
    DSCF0910_zps6b448921.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 127
Back