• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking i5 4670k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cpu core voltage mode set to manual or override. And then set a value below it.

1.3v is WAY too high for 4ghz....curious recommendation...

funny how no one read my whole post.
or maybe I was terrible at presenting an idea.

Vcore 1.3V

set XMP profile for AI-tweaking if you are in ASUS boards.
then just sync core multiplier to x40.

you should get an easy 4.0Ghz

though to get a better voltage, you will need to do manual tuning.

I mean get to 4.0Ghz and tune your voltage down, and I start with 1.30V cause of the few 4670k I tried, the worst one required 1.29V for a stable 4.0Ghz. (terrible chip), but since I don't know how good/bad the OP's chip is, I say start at 1.3V and manually tune it down.

correct manuever, is set 1.3V, then down the voltage 0.01V each trail, til it is unstable, then add back 0.02V for a good stable 24/7 clock.

I got to 4.4 ghz. I started flight sim up and then my pc turned off and re booted so I reset to default values. Think I am setting core ring value wrong ? Image is attached

Thanks

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 195
620 W seasonic S1211-620 bronze power supply.

Unless I have set a value wrong and its too much to handle ?

are you using Prime95 as a stress tester? :)

cause you should. :)

I was stress testing on 4.2ghz in prime96 and then I got a BSOD with Whea_uncorrectable_error ?

On all my stress tests I have got a BSOD with a message that says whea_uncontrollable_error

On all my stress tests I have got a BSOD with a message that says whea_uncontrollable_error

I think you need some one on one realtime help. Do you have a seperate PC/tablet/phone with skype on it? Somebody more familiar with Haswell than I am could walk you through an overclock in video chat.

If you don't care about not optimizing your caching I could do it for you.

Upfront, I feel there are a few things we need to know.

can you let us know and what cooling you using?

also, you will need some program to ensure temp/stress load ok.
I recommend Realtemp TI and Prime95, both are free to download, and very effective to use.

then I think you need to first establish a base level.
like I said earlier, try core multiple x 40 (0r x41) at 1.30V, and then slowly fine tune it.
1.30V is an acceptable voltage for most coolers, as such after you can call it stable, you can dial up core multipler to x42.. etc.

I think your Freq is too high to sustain load, but that's just me guessing without knowing everything. :)

Specs : MSI Z87-G43
Core i5 4670k
GTX 760 OC GPU
2TB Seagate HDD
8GB Ram
Windows 8.1
Corsair hydro H60 water cooling

I am starting to get annoyed with it now, I have tried Prime and a few other stress tests but I seem to get past 20 mins and then I get a blue screen which says Whea_uncontrolloable_error. I also tried occt but it said that core 0 was getting hot so it stopped the stress test. I am currently back on default bios for time being.
I also sometimes get a A2 in corner of screen were I have to unplug HDD and disc drive for it to re boot. Also sometimes the over clocks freeze my pc up so i have to default the bios

I tried
Cpu mode-Fixed
Cpu multiplier:42
Cpu ratio-1.25 didn't boot up-1.30 was in red text-1.20 booted but bsod on stress
Dram:DDR3 1600MHZ
Dram voltage:1.50
Ring voltage-Auto

Any suggestions ?

Thanks guys

Specs : MSI Z87-G43
Core i5 4670k
GTX 760 OC GPU
2TB Seagate HDD
8GB Ram
Windows 8.1
Corsair hydro H60 water cooling

I am starting to get annoyed with it now, I have tried Prime and a few other stress tests but I seem to get past 20 mins and then I get a blue screen which says Whea_uncontrolloable_error. I also tried occt but it said that core 0 was getting hot so it stopped the stress test. I am currently back on default bios for time being.
I also sometimes get a A2 in corner of screen were I have to unplug HDD and disc drive for it to re boot. Also sometimes the over clocks freeze my pc up so i have to default the bios

I tried
Cpu mode-Fixed
Cpu multiplier:42
Cpu ratio-1.25 didn't boot up-1.30 was in red text-1.20 booted but bsod on stress
Dram:DDR3 1600MHZ
Dram voltage:1.50
Ring voltage-Auto

Any suggestions ?

Thanks guys

Sounds like you may have a slightly defective motherboard. I don't think you need better cooling. That little rad should be fine for 4.0-4.2 or around there AFAIK.

What you recommend to put in here ?
Cpu mode-?
Cpu multiplier:?
Cpu ratio-?
DramDR3 ?
Dram voltage:?
Ring voltage-?

On idle I get 40 degree when at 4.4, 4.2 I get 60-70 on heat could this be to do with bad over clock ?.

Thanks

Do you get this error at stock speeds? If not, your motherboard isn't the issue.

Your idle seems warm, but load seems low to me. That load temp is from stress testing?

Back