• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fileplanet Downloads, capped now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiggity

For the past few months I was downloading videos and stuff off fileplanet at a very speedy 600-800KB/s, now I get 100KB/s if I'm lucky (sub 50KB/s atm).

Was I not supposed to be getting DL speeds that high before or what?

My top DL speed is around 900-1000KB/s.

do you have a paid subscription? because im getting 500KB(max speed for me) on my paid subscription, they probably cap non-paying people.

I never paid for anything, I never did anything illegal or something like that to get high speeds, I just got them shrug.

I'm downloading @ less than 10KB/s now, not even worth my time. Taking me 8 hours to DL a 10 min vid, I feel like im back on dial up.

I never paid for anything, I never did anything illegal or something like that to get high speeds, I just got them shrug.

I'm downloading @ less than 10KB/s now, not even worth my time. Taking me 8 hours to DL a 10 min vid, I feel like im back on dial up.

You'd be lucky to get 5kB/sec on dial up. It used to be 3~4kB most of the time.

So consider yourself lucky to have 2~3 times speed of 56kers. :clap:

are you logged in? with an account you should be able to hit 500kish, without you're looking at 100k or lower

thats how it used to be atleast, i'm not sure now, i hate file planet for that reason ;)

are you logged in? with an account you should be able to hit 500kish, without you're looking at 100k or lower

thats how it used to be atleast, i'm not sure now, i hate file planet for that reason ;)

Oh lord don't get me started on sites making you register and log in to get higher speeds. SK gaming's site says that when you register your DL speeds will go up, yet they don't. Cool.

Oh well, /rant off.

its not as bad if i had a use for FP, but requiring you to register is a hassle, for not really any other benefits other then to boost fileplanets stats.

Hm today I'm getting my usual high DL speeds, maybe they were doing something with their servers.

Back