• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthew1001

I would like to put a system together to sell. However, I am having trouble deciding what parts I want to use, because most of the people here want the best parts. I don't really need the best parts. For instance I would like to get a fast processor without overclocking and alot of RAM but the rest doesn't really matter. I was thinking a motherboard with intergrated video and sound. Also, a pretty big hard drive, maybe 80GB. Please suggest what you recommend that will look the best on an eBay auction but cost the least amount.

I personally would go for a mobo without onboard video as this robs system resources greatly from the system and as such reduces performance greatly and as such would go for somthing such as a Epox kha+ as this motherboard is very good value now considering its features load it up with Crucial PC2100 which is good quality and reliable not to mention great value as everyone heads off towards PC2700. I would use the onboard sound from the kha+ along with a high end branded 64mb Geforce 2 such as a gainward which can play most games well enough and is great value for money. Processor wise can there be a choice other than the XP1600 as these are great value and good overall performers.
unbranded DVD drive and CDRW.. download a Linux distro such as mandrake and an Office Suite from www.openoffice.org and a few other open source / free software and you can sell the PC with a complete and wide range of software which is 100 % unrestricted and legal.

UnseenMenace said:
Processor wise can there be a choice other than the XP1600 as these are great value and good overall performers.

I know 1600's are good for overclocking but should I go with something faster to get a better price for it?

i think you should go with something faster regular people dont care what a 1600 can overclock to they just want to say i have a <insert cpu name here> and it is fast but anyway i would stay away from int. video it would be a bit cheaper but i would at least throw a geforce 2 or 3 in there

"I would like to put a system together to sell. However, I am having trouble deciding what parts I want to use, because most of the people here want the best parts. I don't really need the best parts."

Are you building one for yourself or 1 to seel to someone else

If its for someone else.. build them what they want.. if its for you.. who cares if they want the best

Lusankya said:
Are you building one for yourself or 1 to seel to someone else

If its for someone else.. build them what they want.. if its for you.. who cares if they want the best

I am going to sell it. I will probably try to sell it on eBay and just buy 512MB of SDRAM and probably an AMD 2200+(????).

Edit: Also, I need probably an 80GB hard drive, CD Burner, and DVDROM drive.

Last edited:
Check the newspaper in the circulars for part's too. I got a Maxor 80 GB HD for $80 for their 4 of July sale stuff (at Comp USA). I see memory all the time. Don't over look it.

Back